Fridays Funk Phenomenon

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Not really a funk affair I wouldn't have said, but a nice mellow tune that, pity it isn't rising, it's grey and grim the old weather...

My choice cut of the day...

Laurent Garnier - The Man With The Red Face :king:

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
blue jammer said:
Laurent Garnier - The Man With The Red Face :king:

What an absolute tune that is. Purely on the strength of it I bought the album, but I was a bit disappointed with a lot of the rest of the stuff on it. That really is the stand out track imho and I haven't gone back to it since, should do really.

For me today its Farley's "The Acid Life" as it was played by the man himself on me ipod on the way to work this morning phones: phones:

Mart
:rolleyes:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Mister_DJ said:
What an absolute tune that is. Purely on the strength of it I bought the album, but I was a bit disappointed with a lot of the rest of the stuff on it. That really is the stand out track imho and I haven't gone back to it since, should do really.

For me today its Farley's "The Acid Life" as it was played by the man himself on me ipod on the way to work this morning phones: phones:

Mart

Agreed Mart, the rest of the album is totally different, some of it I thought was quite good, in an electronica sort of way, but that really is the stand out track - have you heard the Svek remix of it from about 1999 ? I've just ordered one last night, will do you a rip if you've not heard it when it comes through :thumbsup:

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Seven Grand Housing authority - THe question

had it a few times before, but its a TUNE.

Anyone know what the sample is?

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
its a

Mister_DJ said:

Mart

weird one that. recently acquired the 12" to sell on. But its hard to classify which catagory should I list it in jammer and mr dj?

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
fingers crossed....

got on record but can't do CDs at the mo, will ask mates about lending a minidisc to record then see if i can help u out soon as:thumbsup: