Fraud

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Davey T

Sep 15, 2004
Anyone else been a victim of fraud?

Discovered this morn that some cheeky fukker has obtained my debit card details from somewhere and spent a night in some plush hotel in Singapore ffs :mad: :mad: :naughty: :naughty:

Bet the cnut was wandering around wearing a complementary bathrobe at my expense :S :S

Anyways, the bank have been pretty sound about it and i should get the money refunded!. Just have the added annoyance of having to cancel my card, so now i have to wait 7 days for a new one and then change all my deets etc - in the grand scheme of things i guess thats only a minor problem though - just bloody frustrating :(

Anyone else suffered the same fate :confused:

sy69

Jan 17, 2004
Not Here
Anyone else been a victim of fraud?

Discovered this morn that some cheeky fukker has obtained my debit card details from somewhere and spent a night in some plush hotel in Singapore ffs :mad: :mad: :naughty: :naughty:

Bet the cnut was wandering around wearing a complementary bathrobe at my expense :S :S

Anyways, the bank have been pretty sound about it and i should get the money refunded!. Just have the added annoyance of having to cancel my card, so now i have to wait 7 days for a new one and then change all my deets etc - in the grand scheme of things i guess thats only a minor problem though - just bloody frustrating :(

Anyone else suffered the same fate :confused:

I had mine done a few years ago.Took ages to get the money refunded to my card which meant the bank made interest on something i didnt buy :mad:
So much for chip and pin.:cops:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Gonna have to step up security again, but there's gotta be a better system in place:crazy: :cops:

Maybe cards need a photograph that can be checked up on a worldwide network, but then that's gonna be intrusive and suseptible to other criminals infiltration as criminals always find a flaw in any system :(

Reckon a check in abroad should be done with a Passport. I thought it was compulsory anyway, so don't see how they could have got past the reception stage unless the fraud was commited by a native of that country:S

sy69

Jan 17, 2004
Not Here
Gonna have to step up security again, but there's gotta be a better system in place:crazy: :cops:

Reckon a check in abroad should be done with a Passport. I thought it was compulsory anyway, so don't see how they could have got past the reception stage:S

receptionist or hotel worker could have been in on the fraud.

my credit card got done a couple of year ago for a cool £20,000! (oh! my credit limit!) there was large amounts transfered into bank accounts, then the bank accounts were emptied the same day
my credit card company (halifax) was spot on, but it was a bit of a shock when i got me bill and there was like £6500 interest going to be added every month!
i got i new card and after a couple of months got done again for £150, again the halifax were spot on, this time it was used to pay parking fines in london
got me new card, put me limit down to £600 - im thinking wherever you are in the world you can get back to the UK for £600, and 'touch wood' never had any problems yet!

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
ive just cancelled my sentinal card protection this morning as they have just put it up by a tenner...not much i know but ive been with them since '99' and never used it yet....have i made a mistake or are the banks pretty forthcoming getting your money back?
samplecity did you have to pay the interest?
got me panicking abit now as to whether i should have cancelled or not?

samplecity did you have to pay the interest?
got me panicking abit now as to whether i should have cancelled or not?

i didn't have to pay anything DeeDee!
when the lass from the halifax phoned me and told me it had all been sorted out i said 'so the halifax has lost £20000' she said 'yes'!
i had to fill in a form stating that i never took the money, nobody i know took the money & nobody to my knowledge knew my card details

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
I got done for £4 grand last year. :(

Luckily I didn't have to pay any of it back and I was able to assist the fraud squad to the point where I had it down to one particular source that I was 99% certain had cloned my card.

I hope they got the b***ard and strung him up. :mad:

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
A few months ago i got a call from the fraud department at Halifax, missed the call but rang em back after getting a message which shit me up a bit, Anyway it turns out that they actually stopped a withdrawel at a Dubai cashpoint. I think its ace that they have teams that can monitor that kinda stuff ;)

But, why the fuck do they keep taking £35 a time from me when i go 5 or 10 quid overdrawn? CUNTS

Going back to the card fraud, it turns out that one of our local petrol stations were caught with a camera and swipe fitted as you pay for fuel :mad: Oh and thats right, the people who were doing it were these nice guys we let into our country cuz we care for them and its our duty as doo gooder Brits to let em into our country (to rip us off, sponge our benifits and basically rape all of our fincances)

They cant speak a word of fucking english but dont worry its ok they will help our economy, NO WAY! THEY WILL KILL US ALL AND FUCK US UP!

The UK is now easy picking for these assholes... FACT :S