Frankie Foncett @ High On Hope, Dingwalls, Camden, London 1989

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
This is UK club History.

I messaged Frankie to find out more about this night as I had it labelled only as 'Frankie Foncett - High On Hope 1989' and wanted to know more about the night. This was his response:

"High On Hope was the 1st club in the UK to play NY Disco Classics/And NY house. During the explosion of Acid House/Rave Culture. It was at Dingwalls in Camden in 1988-1990. Myself and Norman Jay were the DJ’s. This was the night that created the possibility for American DJs to come to England etc And Ministry Of Sound.

We basically were doing the Paradise Garage in Europe before anyone else.. but I guess the truth is not as good as it started in Manchester at the Hacienda lol
Appreciate the friendship and support
😊
👊🏾
"

It might not be to some of your tastes, but I love it....

Frankie Foncett @ High On Hope, Dingwalls, Camden, London 1989

1637583326225.jpeg

1637583357674.jpeg

Reactions: Mac The Ripper 🍴

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Camden must have been a bemudda triangle for me. I never went to Dingwalls or Camden Place even though I lived only a few miles from them in the early 90's and went to 100's of gigs.

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Camden must have been a Bermuda Triangle for me. I never went to Dingwalls or Camden Place even though I lived only a few miles from them in the early 90's and went to 100's of gigs. I made it to the Electric Ballroom once though.

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Camden must have been a Bermuda Triangle for me. I never went to Dingwalls or Camden Place even though I lived only a few miles from them in the early 90's and went to 100's of gigs. I made it to the Electric Ballroom once though.
Camden was like the Tardis back then for clubs and events Chris. I think I have only been to Dingwalls once. That was to the the Inspiral Carpets.