Frank de Wulf B Sides

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Won "B Sides vol 2 and 3" off ebay over the weekend... record turned up today - was surprised to only find one record as I thought vols 2 and 3 were seperate releases, this has B Sides vol 2 on one side and Vol 3 on the other. Which leads me to believe there are a few tunes missing from the Music Man releases of these EPs... I was expecting 2 records to arrive! It's HPF records, a red label

Was this released before they came out on music man? And also does anyone know if it had a picture sleeve or owt as this one just turned up in a scruffy paper sleeve :mad:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I'd be suprised if it came out before the seperate Music Man releases - it wouldn't make sense after volume 1 had been released (with the same cover diff colour). Isn't HPF something to do with Music Man - I think I've got a tune where one is licensed from the other - it could be the Dutch label that Music Man is released on (kind of a ZYX/DiscoMagic GGM/BCM thang).

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
RABBITCITY said:
Is it worth much..Chris..?

Not really now, u'd pick it up for £5 - £10 now. They used to go for about £15. The one's that fetch the money are the 'B-Sides Remixed' n 'B-Sides Vol.1'. No one really bothers with Vol.1, but there's a nice little piano tune on there ;)

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Biskit said:
That sounds like the original ;)

Aye thats the one I was expecting, I've not seen this one before! There are 3 tunes to a side so 1 tune missing off each volume but they've put the best ones on so I'm not that fussed. Only cost me 3 quid as well

Cheers for the info chaps :D

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Mike said:
There are 3 tunes to a side so 1 tune missing off each volume

Isn't their 5 tunes on both of the originals? I'm sure there is on Vol 3, perhaps not Vol 2 though.

/Edit - Just checked and there's 5 on Vol 3 and 4 on Vol 2. Mine are the originals on Music Man, they do mention HPF on the label tho. Did you get "The Original" tune on yours? Just had a blast of that and it still sounds top, just doesn't seem right without a strobe tho lol.

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
3 tracks off each:

Side A (Volume 2) Magic Orchestra / Freestyle 909 / Latino

Side B (Volume 3) Foreign Trips / Darkness Revisited / Orbital Ways

The only one missing that I would've liked is The Tape but I prefer the remix of that anyway and I already have it. Can't grumble for 3 quid anyway :thumbsup: