FPI Megamix?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Hi all,

Just been going through some tunes in the box room, stuff I haven't looked at for ages, and came across a copy of the FPI Megamix. It looks to be exactly the same as this:

FPI Project - Megamix

but it's on the Pipierre label. Has the same track list, one side mixed and one unmixed, and the same running time of 10.46. I can't find anything on Discogs relating to the version I have here in front of me. Anyone know for certain that they are the same? Cheers!

*cough* look at the prices commanded on oggs - BLIMEY!:|

I know!! I think they're being a tad optimistic...

Some of them seem to get these crazy prices though - I have a copy of this:

Sound Crowd - The Second EP

and when I was cataloguing some tunes onto Discogs, I put this one in and noticed some wag was selling it for £150 :| I just went to find it to illustrate the point and discovered it no longer for sale. Did somebody really pay £150 for that record??

dodgymix

I know!! I think they're being a tad optimistic...

Some of them seem to get these crazy prices though - I have a copy of this:

Sound Crowd - The Second EP

and when I was cataloguing some tunes onto Discogs, I put this one in and noticed some wag was selling it for £150 :| I just went to find it to illustrate the point and discovered it no longer for sale. Did somebody really pay £150 for that record??

Piano project records / PPR / Pipierre production records

Same cat numbers / same producers (ie the guys from FPI project)

isn't it just about the same label ????

It sells for loads as Paul Taylor plays it at Retro

(((its must be rare as i'm after a tune on pipierre from 93 and its proving god damn hard)))

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Regarding the soundcrowd record........I got this on a promo white label around 1995 in a second hand shop, just took the risk on it cos Id heard of sound crowd before on Irish radio stations. Its a bit of a shocker to see it commands 150 quid, with mine being the promo it would probably get more.

Its basically a suped up Suburban Delay - Energy Rush lol.

Regarding the soundcrowd record........I got this on a promo white label around 1995 in a second hand shop, just took the risk on it cos Id heard of sound crowd before on Irish radio stations. Its a bit of a shocker to see it commands 150 quid, with mine being the promo it would probably get more.

Its basically a suped up Suburban Delay - Energy Rush lol.

Hi,

Not sure if it actually sold for that! It was just conjecture based on it being for sale recently (180 Euro it was, to be precise - I think that's about £150 :confused: ), and now it's not. I've had quite a few people after it (not offering daft money like that though - best offer was £50 from someone on 'Ogs) but I don't really want to sell.

Might sell that FPI megamix though, if it really is worth that much to someone - I've only played it a couple of times, and I bet it's been in the back bedroom in those boxes for 10 years without getting pulled out and used. I'd forgotten I'd got it! Never really found a place for it in a set, it always sounded a bit 'dance round your handbag at the Ritzy' to me (although I did used to play the Rotherham Zone every week! - there's up-front cutting edge clubbing for ya :p ).

Dodgymix, cheers for that - I did think it must be the same record (cat # etc) but with it being on a different label I thought I'd ask to make sure, someone was bound to know on here!