for all u trance lovers

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

GavinH

Jun 16, 2004
Is that the type of compilation with 40 tunes on it?

Where the last 39 tunes sound exactly like the first tune..............

stuck in Aahz

Mar 28, 2004
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
GavinH said:
Is that the type of compilation with 40 tunes on it?

Where the last 39 tunes sound exactly like the first tune..............

The same could be said for any type of music, piano house included. If you don't have an ear for it, it all sounds the same. If your into it, it's like a smorgasborg of differentiating sounds.

People at work hear me playing old skool and mention how it's all the same. I know differently though, just like you.

stuck in Aahz

Mar 28, 2004
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
GavinH said:
Does that mean you DO or DONT like trance then???

I think you've missed the point, but I'll answer your question. I've been into trance from it's infantcy to right around 1999. I dont care for any of the commercialized, fluffy, synthy or vocal style tunes. I like some things produced after 1999, but only the tunes that have stayed true to the original style. For a time I was into the hard house style that has recently come about, but I've gotten a bit tired of it lately. My favorite labels for trance include: limbo, eve, eve nova, telica, hook, AAA, eye q, harthouse, steel fish blue, and prolekult to name a few.

If you want an even more in depth bio, I'm also into Old skool house, belearic, chill out, jazz, classical, new age, 80's retro and industrial, 70's disco and classic rock.