Football coaching

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Right, my son has joined the local football team and they had a meeting last night to discuss next season and stuff and i was chatting with the team coach afterwards and he was saying how they were really desparate for coaches for that age group, so i've signed up to do my FA coaching level one training so i can be a coach at the club, i'm so excited now:D

I have to wait to hear when i can actually go on the training but hopefully i can get it done before the start of next season :thumbsup:

Then he said that after i've dong that, if i want to go on and do the next level they'd happily sort it out and pay for it. I wasn't gonn a do it, being a girl and that but apparantly they've had a few women coaches over the years who've done really well so should alright i reck.

Joldskool

Registered Member
Nov 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
Good on ya' shabba!!!! we need more female coaches, Ive been FA qualified for 4yrs now and absolutley love the job!!! I don't ave' children myself but find such job satisfaction helpin' the kids!!!! I also coach the grown ups aswell!!! Get it done and try n progress through the grades...can earn sum top dollar, luvin' the sport does help!!! anythin' I can do to help, don't hesitate!!!!!
yaaaaaaaaay Gender Ideology Pffftttt:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:groovybananas:

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
wtg hun, u go for it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers Jen x

Good on ya' shabba!!!! we need more female coaches, Ive been FA qualified for 4yrs now and absolutley love the job!!! I don't ave' children myself but find such job satisfaction helpin' the kids!!!! I also coach the grown ups aswell!!! Get it done and try n progress through the grades...can earn sum top dollar, luvin' the sport does help!!! yaaaaaaaaay Gender Ideology Pffftttt:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:groovybananas:

Aww cool, that's well good, i can't wait now, i was so impressed by the coaches, everyone does it voluntarily and they put so much into it. The main guy just kept saying how much he gets from seeing the kids happy and as long as they are enjoying it then so is he!! He was a top guy!!

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
nice 1 - a friend of mine did the football coaching thing and decided she loved it that much she carried on with it - she ended up going over to america for three seasons running coaching! :thumbsup:

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
Good on ya

I did my FA prelim badge about 15 years ago, so I don't know how relevant it still is, but I enjoyed it and it's a good thing to have.

My kids are now 2 (boy) and 3 (girl) so I wanna get them into football in the next couple of years. Knowing me I'll probably let myself get roped in to do some coaching (and I'd probably love it!).

By the way I think it would be cool for my daughter to be coached by a woman coach. You'll have to let us know where the club is ;)

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Shabbs

Well done hun. Its something that you will get lots of rewards from. especially coaching kids. Its not as much fun coaching us at open age lol.

Its something i am gonna look into doing when i finish playing.

One of our lads did a course through some macdonalds in community promotion. he acheived level one and was given all the equipment needed to hold his own training sessions.

keep us updated on your progress cause i might be looking for a new manager for my saturday side lol :D

Wobblybob

Feb 22, 2007
Manchester
www.redrepublik.net
Right, my son has joined the local football team and they had a meeting last night to discuss next season and stuff and i was chatting with the team coach afterwards and he was saying how they were really desparate for coaches for that age group, so i've signed up to do my FA coaching level one training so i can be a coach at the club, i'm so excited now:D

I have to wait to hear when i can actually go on the training but hopefully i can get it done before the start of next season :thumbsup:

Then he said that after i've dong that, if i want to go on and do the next level they'd happily sort it out and pay for it. I wasn't gonn a do it, being a girl and that but apparantly they've had a few women coaches over the years who've done really well so should alright i reck.

Shabb's...

I did my level 1 last year and now help coach my lads under 8's team. I love it and it's a proper father/son thing for us, know what i mean...And Mrs Wobb's appreciates the time to herself (Especially as he's playing regularly now).

You'll enjoy it.. Mine was spread over 2 weekends at the old MUFC training ground and it was class.

Good luck to you babes, I'm sure you'll be great.

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
nice one girly :thumbsup: Can I call you Fergie from this point on? ;) :D

and hey Shabbs.. talking of footy...we've got you on the first game of the season ... muhahaha ;) :drevil: :starwars: bring it on :D

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
nice one girly :thumbsup: Can I call you Fergie from this point on? ;) :D

and hey Shabbs.. talking of footy...we've got you on the first game of the season ... muhahaha ;) :drevil: :starwars: bring it on :D

Bring it on baby:hubba:

I would have liked to go with it being our first Championship match in my living memory but Brandons over at his Dads that weekend, i'm gonna get the the first home match though against Bristol City:thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Bring it on baby:hubba:

I would have liked to go with it being our first Championship match in my living memory but Brandons over at his Dads that weekend, i'm gonna get the the first home match though against Bristol City:thumbsup:

yeah i know, was saying to woody that me you and him should take a trip to Leicester and go :D

could always aim to go the away one tho :thumbsup: (well, home one for you...) lol

its mad tho, kept thinking jeez blackpools feckin miles away tho :| and it is...from Leicester :axe: keep forgetting youre actually pretty close to it here :axe: lol :$

Last edited:

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: awwwwwwww am chufffed to bits to hear this - i told ya to go for it didnt i :luv::wave::wave::wave: ul be really great babe xxx

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
See what happens when you give em the vote. :D

Well done m8, it is great that there are people like you out there helping. It is so rewarding, i coached a team and loved every minute of it. Had to give it up due to the amount of time involved. The only down sde is the over competitive parents lol.:D
Good luck:thumbsup: