Fish Cakes!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
The last best chippy I knew of was ruined when a Scottish chap took over and recycled his oil to the point of ruining everything cooked in it :hurl: and everybody stopped using it:|

Hindley Green used to have some great chippy's especially at the Swan and there's still a good one there near the precinct. Golborne had a couple of decent ones (although not used one of those for years), but the one I use occasionally has small fish portions.

Not sure there's any great ones left still, but I get by now at Ince Plaice on Warrington rd, but it's a bit hit and miss. They were good last night but they can be crap at times:|

Brock Landers

Staff member
The last best chippy I knew of was ruined when a Scottish chap took over and recycled his oil to the point of ruining everything cooked in it :hurl: and everybody stopped using it:|

Hindley Green used to have some great chippy's especially at the Swan and there's still a good one there near the precinct. Golborne had a couple of decent ones (although not used one of those for years), but the one I use occasionally has small fish portions.

Not sure there's any great ones left still, but I get by now at Ince Plaice on Warrington rd, but it's a bit hit and miss. They were good last night but they can be crap at times:|

I can remember chipperama being fantastic on Railway Road in Leigh back in the day. Not sure what it would be like now or even if it's still open....

The chippy on Enfield Street in Pemberton isn't bad, if you can pass it when its open.

I hate that you can't find a decent chippy anywhere these days.:rolleyes: