Female Football Commentator on MOTD

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lozatronic

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
Unfortunately it's impossible to make that sound like an un-sexist comment, i hope you're not gunna hold that against me:thumbsup:

I won't bud... :D

But whatever way you look at that it is a sexist comment.. that's why it's impossible to make it not sound like one.. :rotfl: you need to embrace your chauvanist tendencies.. you're in denial... :rotfl:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I don't think it sounds right and i am a woman! I am not saying its not right, just that it sounds wrong. For 30 odd years you hear the same thing, so obviously when you hear the total opposite it sounds 'wrong'- thats not sexist its just saying it how it is.

Say you (for a crazy, i know example) phoned up the talking clock every day for 30 years, and heard a chick (different every few days, but always female) telling you the time. If that suddenly changed to a bloke- well it would just sound wrong and odd.

I don't think it sounds right and i am a woman! I am not saying its not right, just that it sounds wrong. For 30 odd years you hear the same thing, so obviously when you hear the total opposite it sounds 'wrong'- thats not sexist its just saying it how it is.

I love the way you can text a landline & you get a husky posh womans voice saying it back to you.... :) The amount of filth I have texted my own landline....

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001

Say you (for a crazy, i know example) phoned up the talking clock every day for 30 years, and heard a chick (different every few days, but always female) telling you the time. If that suddenly changed to a bloke- well it would just sound wrong and odd.
Have you chosen a Chrissy tree?

20 years ago it was a chap on the speaking clock, then changed to a woman

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
Was watching on saturday and thinking this doesn't sound right. i'm not sexist but it just aint football

im not sure if its just this woman her voice is soooo annoying

YouTube - Female Football Commentator on MOTD (21 Apr 07)

She sounded like the women in the piccy :drool:

2.jpg