feelin very old

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Bugger me. lol..... nah, seriously though, youre not old.

I had a severe case of feeling old last weekend when I ventured out my bat cave for the first time in about a year around the localish pubs/clubs. The music was wank, the poeple supping booze looked about 14, and I felt a right ancient sod. I was even more depressed than before I went out. lol.

I thought thats it, my life has passed, but what you have to remember is that life is NOW, THIS VERY MINUTE. My brains being working overtime about how on earth I got to the age I am without me realising it, then trying to bear in mind that we all put things off in some sort of hazy utopia of when youre gonna do that thing youve always wanted to do, or sort things out etc....but the time is now, live life without thinking that youre older than you ever thought you would be otherwise you *will* become old.

You have a daughter, which must be very special, so you should remember how lucky you are - and just think on that in a years time, she can be getting you a round in at Timeless!!!!! lol.

I just wish it was easy to practice what I preach to myself! lol.

Dont fret, dont think about it........errrm, life s too short....now thats coming out wrong...lol :$

Sirius.

Btw, I come up with a great way of making the human lifespan seem longer........all you need to do is sit and permanantly look at your watch cos time seems to drag by........but wheres the fun in that?! lol.

Last edited:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I bizarlly enough always feel my chronological age is by far the best to be.

When i was 18, i was like- wow this is great, same at 21, mid 20's and now, at 28 i think- god being 28 is wicked, i get my own place, freedom to do what and when i want, be my own boss- and have finances to do it with.

Funny because if some one had said to me at 18 i would feel like this at 28 i would never have belived them, and i really am looking forward to the comfortablnes of my 30's, just chilling- being both emotionaly, physically and financialy stable.

I am enjoying getting older, and that really suprises me. :)

Bobleeno

Jun 24, 2003
Chills.
They say that ur as old as ya feel, and maybe today u feel a likle old but tommorrow is another day babes. I reckon you must have the Butty gene that keep ya looking younger anyways. :) I aint noticed any incontinance problems for ya dancing round timeless's, ya's aint let any go yet. :) If u are thinkin of retiring early... can i blag ya's podium :) lol promise i wont try sleepin on it

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
sirius said:

Btw, I come up with a great way of making the human lifespan seem longer........all you need to do is sit and permanantly look at your watch cos time seems to drag by........

....or get locked up:cops: :cops: Same result really!;)

Seriously tho, I know its an old cliche but yer really are as old as you feel (and act!). I've had a much better time in my late 20's than I had in my early twenties, although my teen years will take some beating.:fekked: :phones: but so long as yer happy & heatlth ..the worlds yer oyster no matter how old yer are.

All the best for tomoz to yer lass anyway.:thumbsup:

eve

VIP Silver Member
Jul 3, 2003
garden of eden
:D well what can i say to you all but thank u all for cheerin me up i know u r only as old as yer feel and age is only a number but when yer baby gets to 17 and goes out partyin more than wot i do age creeps up on ya...:p but believe me i aint hangin up mi dancin boots just yet.. so bobleeno sorry babe but that stage is still mine but u r welcome to share it wheneva u want mate... still got a few years of stompin left in mi yet just takes me longer to get over a nite out... will probably take my daughter to the next timeless she's about the same age as most of the peeps in there but then again does she really need to see the state her beloved mama gets in :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: might have to reconsider....

so thank u to u all for your advice and managin to make me feel young once again lol :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
we will have to start a support group together.......
O.R.W.T.K
old ravers with teenage kids LOL
my eldest is 16 and i know exactly how you feel!
dunno about taking him clubbing with me i think he would be highly shamed and never speak to me again!:$
besides he only listens to hardcore! Never thought id see the day when i was shouting up the stairs to turn that bloody music down!!!

eve

VIP Silver Member
Jul 3, 2003
garden of eden
:S tomorrow is my daughters 17th birthday!!!!!!! yes 17 god do i feel old now:S feelin rather sorry for my self :cry: :cry:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! just been reading back on old posts and found this one!!! now i do feel old... my daughter who was then 17 was 21 last friday!!! moved into her own house and is workin all the hours she can!!!! I was feeling old back in 2003 well 2007 brought me being to 40!! so that settles it I AM OLD :cry:

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
oh i know how you feel hun, yesterday was my littlest 2nd birthday and he started nursery on the same day, i had to leave the two smallest in nursery and be on my own !!! I havent been alone for the longest time (it was only for 2 hours but it was horrible) my eldest has just turned 20 and has his own flat and the other one has just started high school, i aint half feeling a bit redundant!:( and old!

eve

VIP Silver Member
Jul 3, 2003
garden of eden
oh i know how you feel hun, yesterday was my littlest 2nd birthday and he started nursery on the same day, i had to leave the two smallest in nursery and be on my own !!! I havent been alone for the longest time (it was only for 2 hours but it was horrible) my eldest has just turned 20 and has his own flat and the other one has just started high school, i aint half feeling a bit redundant!:( and old!

oh its just too much innit deedee!!! what are us mums meant to do with ourselves after all the years!!! hope yr little one enjoyed 1st day at school [did you cry like i did???] think i'm gettin ocd with cleaning up since logan started nursery what else is there to do all day?? any suggestions to us redundant mothers? no obscene answers please my ticker wont take it lol :thumbsup:

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Oh he loved it alright he had an almighty paddy when i went to collect him and didnt want to come home! I will use my spare time wisely and shop! Im gonna get the kids chrimbo pressies out of the way of prying eyes! Other than that i will become a expert thumb twiddler!:|

eve

VIP Silver Member
Jul 3, 2003
garden of eden
Oh he loved it alright he had an almighty paddy when i went to collect him and didnt want to come home! I will use my spare time wisely and shop! Im gonna get the kids chrimbo pressies out of the way of prying eyes! Other than that i will become a expert thumb twiddler!:|

aww bless him sounds like he enjoyed himself. i know where yr coming from with the shopping business i have already sorted xmas out without moving outta the house [mental internet shopper] our shopping centre is rubbish [thats my excuse!!!!]

ive posted more this last couple of months on osa than i have in the 4 years of joining my typing speeds getting better by the day lol.... take care hun x

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Dunno how i feel tbh not really bothered... each day as it cmes for me! :thumbsup: ive no real troubles i have a job a home no kiddies as yet but im carefree :thumbsup:

i do look forward to the future tho and its not really bothering me too much getting older as yet :$

eve

VIP Silver Member
Jul 3, 2003
garden of eden
Dunno how i feel tbh not really bothered... each day as it cmes for me! :thumbsup: ive no real troubles i have a job a home no kiddies as yet but im carefree :thumbsup:

i do look forward to the future tho and its not really bothering me too much getting older as yet :$

good for you debs..... i have no real troubles really, only the getting old thing think thats prob coz i hit the big 40 earlier this year + never imagined i'd make it to this age :cry: but life is good and i can always pretend i'm only 36!!!!!! just when i found the old post it took me back to the days when i was still in my
30's and didnt have to lie to myself!!! lol...............:thumbsup: :wave: