Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
What's people's view on this?

FCL - It's You (San Soda's Panorama Bar Acca Version) - YouTube

Make my blood boil tbh.

What's worse is the cheek to call the following a "remix"

FCL - It's You (Charles McCloud & Vin Sol Remix) - YouTube

Its nicking the original beats and slapping the new female vocals on top. Do people get paid for this? :S.

Come up with something original ffs.

I shouldn't get wound up but I do....:rolleyes:

Here's the amazing original to bring my BP down!

1986 fuckers phones:

E.S.P. - It's You (Vocal) - YouTube

Mart
:rolleyes:

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
i wouldn't let it wind you up fella, after all those that know...know. :thumbsup:

loads of stuff we were buying in the late 80s/early 90s was probably winding up the generation before us because of the cover versions and sample stealing.

lolleata holloway's "love sensation" vocal all over the place, the "funky drummer" beats all over the place, first choice's "let no man put asunder" having it's vocal dropped EVERYWHERE and the bassline used for steve silk hurley's "jack your body", etc. etc.

jeez, think of how many times the break from the winston's "amen brother" has been used in d'n'b.

chill winston...:mexican:

btw, that ESP track is an all time fave of mine. :cool:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
There are certain tracks which should be labelled 'do not touch' and ESP should be one of these. Lazy producers with no talent.

What next, R&B remix of Love of your own!!

S

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
Wow, this track threw me. I've never actually heard it before (a wee bit before my introduction to house!), but the synth line was well familiar. It took me a bit to remember that it was from this:

Future Vision - 30 foot below your head (oldschool house mix) - YouTube

I always loved this track, so i was a bit disappointing to find out it was just a sample. Still, ace original version and i'm glad to have been introduced :thumbsup: (TBH i dont mind the remake with the female vocals either :( but thats coming from someone that's just heard both for the first time this week!)

norriss

Aug 25, 2004
Derby
I agree with Ivan, lots of the tunes we listened to and bought back in the day sampled old soul, r&b & jazz tunes.. Remember the uproar with Black Box - Ride on Time?? A lot of the songs in the charts and the nu disco scene atm are just blatent ripoffs from 80's songs.. Nothing you can do about it but i think some recognition should go to the artists who made the original songs..

homework, andres crom, hot like 82, audiojack, waze & odyssey, breach, all doing the same but to perfection imo at the moment, i had a massive turnaround in the last 4 weeks and ive been loving playing the old and new together defo agree with fcl, im loving phil weeks and the salsoul crew also people like craig hamilton dan howard, the kids have grabbed the scene by the bollocks and said we want fkin massive E breakdowns again, check out mark romboy and kink - over and out, maybe some gettin to old for a breakdown like this but wow took my head clean off

putting a nice little package together for ivan, so if anyone wants will link to my profile, zippyfolder 320/lossless