favourite non oldskool / dance album of the year?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
recently i've found myself listening to loads more non dance music stuff than usual..it has to be said this equals a decline in the amount of dance / oldskool stuff that i've been listening to..

anyways, so far one standout for me is the new morcheeba one - the antidote. top stuff, with some good lyrics..

also given the new coldplay cd a few spins and it's pretty good..

so whats your fave? any good reccomendations?

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Didn't know morcheeba had a new one out, have to check that out, already got Big Calm, Charango and Fragments...love 'em phones: phones:

Some others I'd reccomend :

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment.

Embrace - Out of Nothing.

ian Brown - Solarized.

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
I'm a big morcheeba fan so I'll have to check out the new album. Big Calm is one of my all time fav's.

Not exactly brand new but I've been listening to "Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs" a lot.

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Ah Rome Wasn't Built in a Day!

Mine Would Have To Be "High Contrast - High Society" from begining 2 end its ace! Uplifting D&B by the way.

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
For me I have had a bit of a Guitar revival recently...... This album has been stuck in my Car CD player for weeks on end although not a new album by far the most enjoyable for when it comes to bands.

Ocean Colour Scene - Marchin' Already

fav Song being 'Get Blown Away' some very mad lyrics.... :thumbsup: :love:

E

easty

Ilike the new Jem one, what a tune that is.

Another good un is the young offenders institute, properrocker is this one:thumbsup:

fast regi

Apr 8, 2003
lancs
new order - waiting for the sirens' call is class cant say theres a bad track on it, :love: to it bit's, i told you so, dracula's castle and working overtime are my personal favourates though phones:

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
hmmm

I've never been the biggest coldplay fan. But I do like a few of their songs and one that stands out for me is 'fix you' I think you have to have ice in your veins if you don't have your hairs standing on end seeing him singing that. Also been listening to a surfy kinda band called joy zipper and a band called stereo total. Haven't heard the morcheeba yet. Do love them though

dods

Oct 13, 2004
Huddersfieldcestershirey
jamiroquai - dynamite

bought it the day it came out and have had it on pretty much ever since.
To be honest i wasn't sure about it at first - a lot of the tunes seem to sound like other stuff, eg brand new heavies, daft punk, and a proper ripp off of basement jaxx 'red alert' - but that said i think it is a grower :thumbsup:
mind you i am a bit biased as i have all the other releases and have seen them live 5 or 6 times - they are fooking awesome live by the way for anyone going to see them this time :thumbsup:
Problem for JK is that his albums are always compatred to 'emergency on planet earth' which was by far the best album and a lot of folk say he should go back to doing that, but that time has gone imo.
some nice funky stuff on this album as you would expect but the standout tune is '7 days in sunny June' which i think is gonna be the next single anyway..