Favourite MC's?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
My fave MC's have gotta be Storm, Whizzkid and Wotsee!

Whizzkid and Storm technically brilliant with the vocal scratching and sounding good on tapes as well as hyping up the crowd!

Wotsee has some superb ryhmes and a well clear voice so you can hear every word perfect!

#Insideeeeee daaaaaa venueeeeeeee!

Myk

Yeah but they aint "real" MC's.

I mean the best out there are without a doubt, KRS-One, Young MC, Kool Keith, Big Daddy Kane etc etc

Im not knocking these club hyping MC's, just being a true oldskool hip hop lover I find them hard to take seriously. Id prefer to listen to just the music in a club and not have to swallow the typical "throw you hands in the air" codshat.

I could show them a thing or two :p

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Non, they all babble bollox over the best part of the mixing

I think if you are a good enough DJ, IMO you dont need somone
to raise the crowd, THE MUSIC ALONE should do that itself

Dj M Jaxx :phones: :phones: :phones:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
In it Myk

If I want to listen to some one babble nursery rhymes, I go to a playground

No offence to MCs, I mean people like the Mighty Ratpack were top, but I dont class them as MCs, for one thing they would sing a real uplifting tune that would make the hairs on your arm stand to atention

But the most of them just babble a load of cack about what there on, and tell people to blow whistles and shout hear comes the rush

I know when my rush is coming mate, and I will N-Joy it my way

Nuf said

M Jaxx :| :|

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
sumtimes i like em coz they give a bit of variety and they do get the crowd goin but then again i cant stand the ones that babble on. in me younger days when i listened to hardcore connie i thought was the dogs danglies but these days the only ones i think r ok now n again is mc domino n bmw

Tonksi

Jul 18, 2001
Me Flat with our Kes..proper bo'!
I mean the best out there are without a doubt, KRS-One, Young MC, Kool Keith, Big Daddy Kane etc etc
Aye i can see yer point Myk...it aint proper bust a move rhymes (that list brought back sum memories)
Just listenin to Slick Rick at the mo(the dorty frekker)
PS Anyone got Raw or krs one or stetsasonic on cd who cud burn us a copy?

I know when my rush is coming mate, and I will N-Joy it my way
LOL innit Jaxxers

Dodgee is wicked at scratching his Freeform sets kick ass
Yeah got sum mixes here there mint.Dony usually go fer hardcore these days but Dodgee sure can scratch n mix the freeformski.

Myk

PS Anyone got Raw or krs one or stetsasonic on cd who cud burn us a copy?

Got them all m8, got the whole Boogie Down Production set, everything they ever made. Also got the RAW album and Stetsasonic live in Paris.

I could e-mail em to you, or up them to a locker m8, trouble with normal post would be posting costs from Spain, but if you wanna pay the postage I can send you a CD, thats upto u bud.

I could put nearly all on one MP3 CD I reckon.

Tonksi

Jul 18, 2001
Me Flat with our Kes..proper bo'!
I could e-mail em to you, or up them to a locker m8, trouble with normal post would be posting costs from Spain, but if you wanna pay the postage I can send you a CD, thats upto u bud.

Blimey i feel likes its a old skool hip hop christmas:D
How much u rek fer the postage m8 ish?
U want any slick rik stuff n i may be able to get sum Public Enemy.