Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
Probs already been posted a fair number of times this thread but was scanning youtube the other day as you do at tunes and then more and so on ... and saw ultracynic nothing is forever, and on the video comments are 11pages worth of people buzzing off this tune most talking about bowlers - and read that the sister of the lass who died in bowlers commented and said they played it at the end of the night she died, tear jerk tackle at its best! so whats your fave end of the nighter?!!! would say ultracynic meself but totally at the rite time and place, tall trees "the last dance" (retro, and the last dance which happend again and again at tall trees) was a good choice, wouldnt of minded hearing it at bowlers though back in the day. so what are your fave end of the nighters?!

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
I'd go for stars - poppy factory, but the best one ever, and soz i was wayyyy to off me face to know who was in the booth, was in the Pier on Friday / Saturday morning at 3 am. about june 93 maybe?
The Dj dropped the last choon as per normal, as per normal the crowd started stamping and shouting more... no dice so everyone shuffles towards the exits..

Lights go pitch black... Rig fires up... Double Dee found love

The fucking roof came right off that night.

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
Always liked Joe Smooth - Promised Land [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V09x2y9MHbA]YouTube - Joe Smooth - Promised Land[/ame]

But although ive never heard it played out i always thought this would make a good end of nighter. Taken off a Blake Baxter tape from Love of Life '93 so its sounding pretty fast. Any help with the id would be much appreciated, thanks peeps :thumbsup:

Attachments

• baxter1.mp3
    853.9 KB · Views: 57

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Beast, that Barrie, i'm thinking we need to organise another soul night get together in the new year.. The 3 floors of souls do in Blackburn, mebbe? ;)

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Beast, that Barrie, i'm thinking we need to organise another soul night get together in the new year.. The 3 floors of souls do in Blackburn, mebbe? ;)

Maybe - Debs and Alex said the Blackpool do was ace.

I am deffo going to the Next Blackpool mecca reunion - last one at The Swallows Hotel sold out - and many peeps I haven`t seen for around 30 years showed up.

Time to show my face I reckon but Blackburn maybe sounds cool.