Fave DMC mix?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Personally it has to Blue Amazon's take on Seal's 'New born friend'................possibly the last of the great DMC mixes.................anyone else?phones: phones:
From DMC 150 possibly the best all round release with the BIR remix of Bruce Hornsby as well. Even the remix of Scatman John is good on that release.

As for the out and out best mix, for me the BBBC remix of White Lines is definitely up there, as is the BIR mix of Souvenir, but so is the remix of Keith Mansfield's Grandstand (again I think BIR were behind that one although they went under a pseudonym). Tough call.

Great thread though.

lippiatte

Apr 1, 2004
Orlando, Florida, USA
i think a couple of my favorites would have to be:

Bassomatic - Fascinating Rhythm (The Light Remix)....Digweed played this in Orlando after one of those long dramatic periods of total silence when the club begins to LOSE it because there is no music...and then they lose it further when the tune starts and it happens to be a wicked remix of an orlando BOMB!!!

Future Force - What You Want (Fade Remix)....Fade are very good friends of mine and i think this was one of their best.

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
for me

i think a couple of my favorites would have to be:

Bassomatic - Fascinating Rhythm (The Light Remix)....Digweed played this in Orlando after one of those long dramatic periods of total silence when the club begins to LOSE it because there is no music...and then they lose it further when the tune starts and it happens to be a wicked remix of an orlando BOMB!!!

Future Force - What You Want (Fade Remix)....Fade are very good friends of mine and i think this was one of their best.

Just about any jimmy gomez remix. But my fave has to be

texas- i don't want a lover cause it took me so long to find it

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Just about any jimmy gomez remix. But my fave has to be

texas- i don't want a lover cause it took me so long to find it
The Jimmy Gomez mix of Donna Summer's State Of Independence is special as well phones:

There's just too many to choose from.

dodgymix

Personally it has to Blue Amazon's take on Seal's 'New born friend'................possibly the last of the great DMC mixes.................anyone else?phones: phones:

Ultimate has to be Sasha's mix of Jimi Polo with the equally good PKA mix of expose

other fav's Anthony Papa's mix of chicane "offshore" with the pella
Various - Remix Culture 174

the Friends of Mathew mix of Orbital "chime"

BIR mix of Pennies from Heaven

Also love the mix of Off shore "I can't take the power"

Various - Remix Culture 10/92 Clivillés & Cole Keep It Coming (Brothers In Rhythm Remix)
Remix - Brothers In Rhythm

Various - Underground Selection 8/92 Siedah Garrett K.I.S.S.I.N.G. '92 (Another Brothers In Rhythm Escapade)
Remix - Brothers In Rhythm

to name a few while I think of some more

Last edited:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Best one imo is Duran Duran - Save A Prayer

Absolute quality from start to finish, can't remem who did it as at work and haven't got the deets here, that gets my vote.

:thumbsup:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Thats quite scary that someone should do a thread as Iv just done a DMC tribute mix at weekend and listed them on ebay yesterday :eek:
Link to DMC mix phones:

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/file-sharing/70499-jack-g-tribute-dmc.html#post603804

Link to sale :$ ;) :p

eBay.co.uk: 25 CLASSIC DMC RECORDS. SASHA OLD SKOOL ***MIX TO D/L (item 220081511115 end time 21-Feb-07 20:06:13 GMT)

Anyway theres loads of top ones. I have a decent collection of DMCs and could name a shit load.

Heres a just a few of my favourite. I could probably list a shit load but tried to list 5 different remixers. (I highly rate Phil Kelsey & Steve Anderson as remixers :king: )

Brand New Heavies - Dream Come True (Kelsey)
Ice T - New Jack Hustler (David Morales)
Hyper Go Go - High (Happy Larry)
The Source - You Got The Love (Steve Anderson)
Isotonik - Everywhere I go (Dakeyne)

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
Various - November 91 - Three

Sasha Remix of Jimi Polo - Better Days

.. and closely followed by

Daykene remix of Expose - Tell Me Why.

my other stand out ones are:

BIR Remix of Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
BIR Remix of Eurythmics - Here Comes the Rain Again

and a sneaky one being the BIR Remix of Shakespears Sister - You're History.

plenty of others too, but gotta say ... DMC tunes were the dogs ballbags back then.

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
Thats quite scary that someone should do a thread as Iv just done a DMC tribute mix at weekend and listed them on ebay yesterday :eek:
Link to DMC mix phones:

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/file-sharing/70499-jack-g-tribute-dmc.html#post603804

eBay.co.uk: 25 CLASSIC DMC RECORDS. SASHA OLD SKOOL ***MIX TO D/L (item 220081511115 end time 21-Feb-07 20:06:13 GMT)

Anyway theres loads of top ones. I have a decent collection of DMCs and could name a shit load.

Heres a just a few of my favourite. I could probably list a shit load but tried to list 5 different remixers. (I highly rate Phil Kelsey & Steve Anderson as remixers :king: )

That's absolutly f*ckin marvolous :)
Thanks loads, downloading now :)

Sonic92

VIP Gold Member
Apr 14, 2005
The Vault
Many of the best have been mentioned so far but this one is a fave of mine from 92- 4 top tunes

The Passions - Im In Love With A German Filmstar (Dave Clarke Remix) - wicked remix from the Baron

Cuba Gooding - Happiness Is Just Around The Bend - Classic track, the remix does it justice too

Genaside 2 - Narra Mine (Their own remix) - probably better than the original!!

Bhundu Boys - Bye Bye Stembi - Slam Remix - Wicked progressive percussive track

phones:

great mix

Link to DMC mix phones:

WICKED MIX THAT :thumbsup: just listend right through i even missed 1st episode of tonites corry it was that good :p

great selection of tunes ,a few i hadnt heard before ,:)