Fao Pianoman

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

marc@risky

Feb 19, 2003
Lancashire
Hi James can you tell me weather or not your the man behind that piano tune The Finest???? i have it on a bootleg which just said the finest but no artist written on it????
I was told last night by Ben Fisher it was you, i was a little surprised and thought i would ask you myself, is this correct???

By the way have you heard Liberty x version of this tune, which will probably be in the charts really soon....
(well they've nicked the vocals from it)
couldnt belive it when i heard it!!!
anyone else no what i'm on about or heard it???

Cheers James

Marc Mackender:phones:

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
yeah pianoman did it, it gets mistaken by dj flavours cos of the similarity between the the way it looks.

its richard x - finest and its S**T:mad: init

scaz

Apr 24, 2002
wigan
mine actually says dj flavours on both sides

we have had this thread before somewhere and pianoman let us know it was one of his productions.

marc@risky

Feb 19, 2003
Lancashire
:) Well it is a damn fine tune anyway. I remember when dj absolute used to play it at Bowlers, always got a massive reaction from the crowd, top tune!!!!

Hate the Richard X version tho:confused:
Where the lyrics originally from somewhere else????
Just wonderin how on earth Richard X got hold of them????

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Just for the record the vocals are from SOS Band - The Finest, which is an 80s record. There's an acapella on the B Side.

P

pianoman

some one needs to amend the cover for thier HEAD RIPPERS rippers CD I think!!!

Glad u like it Mark, the rest of ya Cheers and the flavours pressing is a bootleg BY A CERTAIN BIRMINGHAM SHOP, who love to bootleg little old gummy.

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
I remember tryin to find the tune once by typing the vocals in a search engine - this was before I discovered OSA - and the search engine came up with

The Finest

by

Sands of Time!!!

P

pianoman

My connection with "the finest" Fella is that I pressed it to Vinyl, IE Ham and Julian Sent it to me for my opinion on it (NOT HAM AND BRISK) And I loved it so I Put the money Up to Press it.

I remixed it too, This was just after H+J under the Name of POWERHOUSE had been signed to 3 Beat Records the label I was on at that time after I got the track signed (It was the Debarge "Rhythm of the nite" piano tune).

In turn Powerhouse/Ham (Short for Hamilton) and Julian remixed that Shite I did Called "Party People" :D