Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
have stolen me car stereo:mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
they have only taken the front piece off it (it was in the glove box) and left the actual case in the car, so it will be useless to them (musta bin kids) but im left with no vibes in car and im dying off!!
anyone any ideas on buying a cheap one????????????????

*sam*

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2006
Aww no how rubbish! And the suns out, u deffo need some tunage for that! Grr Gud luck with finding a replacement;)

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
aww syl gutted for ya hun,

i would steer clear of ebay to be honest.....somebody flogged me a 2nd hand one and they sent me the back off one stereo and the front off another....plus i got stung for mega postage!!

why dont you try halfords??

they will fit it for you too and they have stereos for all budgets

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Gutted for you. It's a sickening feeling isn't it knowing that someone's been in your car and had your stuff away. Happened to me about 18 months ago, but luckily the pigs found my stereo and cd's wrapped up in my jacket in some bushes just down the road. I was really lucky, but 16 others on the estate weren't... :S

Duke

they have only taken the front piece off it (it was in the glove box) and left the actual case in the car, so it will be useless to them (musta bin kids) but im left with no vibes in car and im dying off!!

u can buy just the fronts 4 them ,, go on the makers web site

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
so sorry to hear that they did that to you. its not just the cost of the item you have to replace, i hope they didnt do too much damage to your vehicle when they broke in to get it:( :( :(

i left my stereo front on once by mistake and I was having panic attacks running back to my car expecting to see a shattered window and no stereo. I was lucky it wasnt touched but i wont leave it in my car ever again, i couldnt handle getting back and finding my tunes gone!

u can buy just the fronts 4 them ,, go on the makers web site

You can buy them from the makers but they are usually very expensive. Your best bet is eBay, but just buy the face for your existing radio. You'd be amazed how many there are on there! People's cars get nicked and they have the radio face in the house so they sell it on the 'Bay. I've got a fair few around as I'm in the motor trade anyway - if you post the make and model number I'll have a look to see if I've got one.

Failing that, Halfords do some great deals - nice Kenwood CD/mp3 for 50 notes when I went in a couple of days ago.

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Will and face front fit any back of the same model then. I thought it was particular to that one.

Go to Halfords unless you can get the front from the manufacturer any cheaper..... Sorry to hear that someone's done that! It's friggin so pointless and low doing something like that. I mean, they can't even use it!!! Neither can you now as well! Pointless!!! :mad:

x

Will and face front fit any back of the same model then. I thought it was particular to that one.

No, it has to be for the same model - but if it's a popular make like a Sony, JVC etc you can often find the right one on fleabay. Here's an example:

Jvc Face Plate on eBay, also JVC, CD Headunits MP3 Players, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 05-Jul-08 18:25:38 BST)

and there's loads more, maybe the right one is out there! Would be the most cost effective way of getting music back in your car.

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Awwww babes can't help u on the car stereo but I will join u in wishing a thousand plagues apon their houses;)

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
cheers everyone for great replies :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
im such a duh tho, i have no idea of model number etc all i can remember is it was a panasonic one - which wont be much use to me will it for buying another front!! and it doesnt say on it anywhere
think il have to go to halfords, at least they will fit it too
wouldnt mind plugging the ipod in it - is it fairly simple?

Presuming Ed

If you can get the unit out Syl..i reckon there'll be the model number or the back of the main unit..like a sticker or something...worth a try anyway...the way you used to be able to link up an ipod or personal cd to a car stereo was with a tape adaptor..which was like a cassette with a lead that plugged into the headphone socket of the cd/ipod...but i can understand that these days alot of car stereos are cd only maybe..so in that case im not sure how youd do it. Ed

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Any half decent head unit will take an iPod these days. there'll either be a socket on t'front, or you might have to buy a spesh cable, but any half decent audio place or somewhere like Halfrauds will sort you out.
Another (better) solution IMO is that most of them these days take USB sticks. You can just download your tunage onto a USB stick, like you would onto yer iPod, plug the USB stick into yer car stereo & then use the buttons & knobs (fnar) on the stereo to select the one you want :thumbsup: