event flyers......the imagination behind them

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
our kid was going through a load of his old flyers from the good old rave days and its amazed me the imagination behind them.....where do they get the ideas from for them all, the pictures and logo's and some even magnificent artwork:|

what was your fave flyer for an event and why......if youve got a pic of it then even better:D

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
Cant upload any pics becuse the file size is too big... :confused:

Used to love the early eclipse ones and the more mythical stuff. One of my favourites is Ektos at the Brunel Rooms, Swindon. Also the Weekend World one on my sig - nice and simple. Some early Amnesia ones were quality too. Flyers really helped give the night a proper identity. These days its all text and dj mugshots.... :naughty:

Anything featuring this artist had to be a winner - Patrick Woodroffe - AUTHOR, POET, PAINTER & SCULPTOR

:thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Ah Nics i could go on all day about flyers i love them, ill never get rid of mine :$

Like you say the imagination is phenominal and the effort to get these out week in week out was amazing esp when it took time and cost of designing them and printing them and distributing them.

I used to a lot of lsd back in the day and spent many and hour starring at certain flyers finding myself entertained till i dropped off asleep lol :$

Some of my faves are here ;) Huge thanks to our Crystal (Debs) for sending my the hard copy of the clash flyer as mine perished yrs ago :love:

1_clash_front.jpg

The nocturnal clown face could be made into a mask which needless to say everyone got onto and found myself walking around with loadsa people that looked just like me lolol :p

1_Nocturnal_Bassington_Fields_Northumberland_Sat_14th_March_1992.jpg

This was amazing to trip to :thumbsup:

1_New_Dawn_Meeting_of_Minds___Keele_Science_Park_Staffordshire_Sat_July_11th_1992.jpg

as was this :crazy:

1_Amnesia_House_Musicology___Donington_Park_EC_Sat_March_14th_1992.jpg

and naturally most of the eclipse and orbit flyers were favourite, particularly these ;)

1_The_Eclipse_Coventry_Feb_Dates_92.jpg

1_The_Edge_Coventry_Oct_dates_92.jpg

1_The_Eclipse_Coventry_The_Best_Bar_None_May_Dates_92.jpg

1_The_Orbit_-_After_Dark_-_Morley_-_Leeds_-_Nov_Dec_NYE_1992.jpg

simzzzz

think my fav was spectrum with the eye ball. was well designed and vibrant and for me it just summed up the whole madness of the scene in a simple image.
Spectrum did a good thing at one of their events at the hummingbird birmingham where they used a backdrop of the actual flyer that had been painted huge and had a hole cut in the eye where the laser came out of. looked superb.

Eclipse always had great flyers too. :cool: