Embarrassing things your parents have done...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lou-lou

Mar 28, 2004
Manchester
Have just remembered this after reading about Kee's mum doin the worm in the cider thread. :)

So heres mine.....

No-one ever believes me when i say how sad and embarrassing my mum can be, so i tell em this. well cringeworthy!!! :S

I had been seeing Antz for about a year or summat, and we were sat in the living room with all my family, talking, and ant said something so i just said "oh your a cheeky monkey" ,....

... so my mum, gets on her hands and knees, like a dog, crawls along the floor over to where ant is sitting, and says "Are You a cheeky monkey?!?"

im pissin myself writing this but it was well embarrassin to say the least! :condom:

this is what she is like, she just dont give a toss! :axe:

kee

lou-lou said:
Have just remembered this after reading about Kee's mum doin the worm in the cider thread. :)

So heres mine.....

No-one ever believes me when i say how sad and embarrassing my mum can be, so i tell em this. well cringeworthy!!! :S

I had been seeing Antz for about a year or summat, and we were sat in the living room with all my family, talking, and ant said something so i just said "oh your a cheeky monkey" ,....

... so my mum, gets on her hands and knees, like a dog, crawls along the floor over to where ant is sitting, and says "Are You a cheeky monkey?!?"

im pissin myself writing this but it was well embarrassin to say the least! :condom:

this is what she is like, she just dont give a toss! :axe:

i have got an extensive catalogue!!!

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
think my old fella walking in on me and an ex was pretty embarrasing, that is until i went to his pub for a few bevvies and a few of my old fellas m8s bending over and gesturing give it to me harder, this was the icing on the cake as my mum was present and didnt see hte funny side :/

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
Stylee said:
think my old fella walking in on me and an ex was pretty embarrasing, that is until i went to his pub for a few bevvies and a few of my old fellas m8s bending over and gesturing give it to me harder, this was the icing on the cake as my mum was present and didnt see hte funny side :/

Thank god she wasnt a munter tho, shut the fookers up when she came in to meet me the following night :D :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
My dad chased me from the house, up to the school field and across it, over the fence and across the school yard before giving me a good seeing too for being cheeky:p

Not too bad you might think, but the ground was covered in snow, he was wearing just his undies and all my mates and some of the local lovelies were watching:$

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
My old fella is renouned for being a bit of a hard knock, when i reached 18 i was under the illusion that im the youngen and could easily take the gauntlet, lol how wrong i was, he was good enough to warn me off when we were walking home from the boozer, my older and wiser brother decided it would be more fun and keep out to see the consequences of my actions, again he told me cross over the street and calm down, i did not listen, the old manbelted me with the back of his hand and i proceeded face first into a thorney hedge.

the only man ever to put me on my arse, and it was with a nasty backhand lol.. My old fella, a legend and best m8 :)

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
Again the old fella,

At my Brothers engagment, big family do (come froma massive family) and there is an announcment that we have a special guest, next thing you know my Da walks into the room mic in hand, black as the ace of spades doing an Eryl Flynn (misspelt) infront of just about everyone i knew, was hillarious but a little cringe at the time :)

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
Mortified

Shit the bed, am at work and just reading this thread has made me cringe with all the things my parents have scared me with over the years.

It honestly has brought back some terrible off the wall situations so I will share with you just one of the many situations my parents have put me though (looking back I do actually find them funny but at the time, noooooooooooooooooo).

This particular event was when I was I was still at school and the class proceeded to start the PE class down on the playing fields which I will say is next to the main road throughout the village (honley, huddersfield)

The game of choice was football and around 4 different classes of 30 were involved as it was a big tournament.

The mood was good and as you can expect things were getting a little heated on the playing field and people were jostling left right and centre, when about 30mins in all of a sudden the mood changed with the sound of the loudest air horns you have ever heard.

At once the whole field stopped to the attention of the sound when it had all but disappeared. People were a little bur mused and were about to get started again when the sound appeared out of nowhere again. As the sounds woop woop brup brup brup was getting ever closer all of the football was all but forgotten and I realised in shear horror what was about to come.

As people were following the sounds on the main road, no one could see what it actually was because the road wad lined with trees covering the road., when all of a sudden it appeared though the opening the trees as everyone looked on in astonishment as it all became clear.

There it was as it appeared throughout the canopy. My dad driving a Hurst dressed as a sledge hammer Stan (his band name) airing the horns and my mum hanging out of the sunroof dressed as boney maroney (her raving Looney name) rattling one of them old industrial football rattle’s in one hand and a mega phone in the other shouting, “vote monster raving Looney” wearing a long top hat to boot.

As all this happened the Hurst wized past and was gone into the distance. A grate silence fell over all the playing field and I fell in to a state of disbelief as everyone knew who they where and turned to look at me. Needless to say it got a few laughs at my expense.

You see my parents are involved in the monster raving Looney party and it was election in a few weeks and they decided to take it upon them selves to rally a few votes up.

One word, mortified!

Check out the site if your board

http://www.omrlp.com/

Caine

Last edited:

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
Shit the bed, am at work and just reading this thread has made me cringe with all the things my parents have scared me with over the years.

It honestly has brought back some terrible off the wall situations so I will share with you just one of the many situations my parents have put me though (looking back I do actually find them funny but at the time, noooooooooooooooooo).

This particular event was when I was I was still at school and the class proceeded to start the PE class down on the playing fields which I will say is next to the main road throughout the village (honley, huddersfield)

The game of choice was football and around 4 different classes of 30 were involved as it was a big tournament.

The mood was good and as you can expect things were getting a little heated on the playing field and people were jostling left right and centre, when about 30mins in all of a sudden the mood changed with the sound of the loudest air horns you have ever heard.

At once the whole field stopped to the attention of the sound when it had all but disappeared. People were a little bur mused and were about to get started again when the sound appeared out of nowhere again. As the sounds woop woop brup brup brup was getting ever closer all of the football was all but forgotten and I realised in shear horror what was about to come.

As people were following the sounds on the main road, no one could see what it actually was because the road wad lined with trees covering the road., when all of a sudden it appeared though the opening the trees as everyone looked on in astonishment as it all became clear.

There it was as it appeared throughout the canopy. My dad driving a Hurst dressed as a sledge hammer Stan (his band name) airing the horns and my mum hanging out of the sunroof dressed as boney maroney (her raving Looney name) rattling one of them old industrial football rattle’s in one hand and a mega phone in the other shouting, “vote monster raving Looney” wearing a long top hat to boot.

As all this happened the Hurst wized past and was gone into the distance. A grate silence fell over all the playing field and I fell in to a state of disbelief as everyone knew who they where and turned to look at me. Needless to say it got a few laughs at my expense.

You see my parents are involved in the monster raving Looney party and it was election in a few weeks and they decided to take it upon them selves to rally a few votes up.

One word, mortified!

Check out the site if your board

The Official Monster Raving Loony Party - Home

Caine

thats brilliant that is..lol id like to meet your parents they sound very interesting lol :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
My dad chased me from the house, up to the school field and across it, over the fence and across the school yard before giving me a good seeing too for being cheeky:p

Not too bad you might think, but the ground was covered in snow, he was wearing just his undies and all my mates and some of the local lovelies were watching:$

:rofl: that absolute class :thumbsup: is your dad still like that :p

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!

Caine

Thats hilarious :p poor you though i can just imagine ;)

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
arhhhhh

Now that is embarrassing!! I mean, I bet it's funny now but not when you're young and in school! poor boy! lol :)

arhhhhhh, shit I knew this thread would come back to haunt me :cops:

I wrote it when I was very board at work otherwise I would never had said owt :$

yeah, funny looking back, although I got some right stick for it at the time

Caine

S

salina

another springs to mind where i live is opposite a huge park n when i was younger a lad off there told me to hang myself off the slide someone went told my dad who bieng a mad growling scotsman went chasing the lad through the park with a machete
police n everything came n for years ppl called him the mad axe man

Last edited: