Ecstasy a cure for blood dissorders

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

simzzzz

scientists at Birmingham university have found that modified Ecstasy is a cure for common blood dissorders :cool:

Ecstasy: Hopes For Modified MDMA Drug To Help With Blood Cancer Treatment | UK News | Sky News

I wish i knew this 20 years ago when i had leukemia ! I would have cained them more than what i did hahaha. ;)

well there's an excuse if ever to start taking them again, only as medical preventative measures though and in the name of research, it will stop it coming back ;) :crazy:

D

Deleted member 6141

quote from one of my FB forums on this very subject
Medicinal chemist-in-training here. This has been known for a few years. However it's very difficult to do research into this as a whole host of permits are needed to even synthesize a sample of a compound that's in any way similar to MDMA (the chemical that ecstasy is supposed to contain, unlike the horrible shite you usually get these days), let alone do clinical trials of the stuff.

MDMA's actually a really promising chemical in lots of different areas, the main ones being anti-anxiety, anti-depressant and anti-tumour applications, plus a decent frontline treatment for PTSD and various substance abuse disorders. Lots of clinical trials currently happening, we would have known the results of these in the 70's if it wasn't for stupid drug laws (originally written by clueless wankstains in the USA to annoy the Mexicans and basically forced on everyone else via the UN).

The only real danger with ecstasy use is the presence, in illicit pills, of wierd research chemicals that mimic MDMA's effects. Pure MDMA is one of the safest chemicals in existence, far safer than most prescribed psychotropics and immeasurably less damaging than alcohol or tobacco. Drug laws against MDMA have ruined more lives and caused far more deaths than they've ever prevented, plus they have held back medical research for decades. But that's what you get when you turn a purely scientific issue into a moral or political one.:thumbsup:

simzzzz

Nice one slaggymong:thumbsup:
sounds a really interesting drug to develop and use for medical purposes. shame to think how many people could have done with the potential healing qualities of it over the past few years, but where denied that chance through the current laws.

maybe one day we will see the true power of E ;)

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
PTSD? I dunno about that un, i knew some proper fucked up lads after the first do in the Gulf, and they were all cainers at home on friday and saturday nights..
Just my opinion, mind the paranoia levels might have been due to the high quality phet paste that was doing the rounds in the early 90's :fekked: