Dublin advice

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
Are there any Dublin experts out there,Im going with my wife toward the end of may sun/mon/tues booked flights but not hotel. i was looking at one in Temple bar, it sounded spot on, but after a quick search, everyone says avoid the place like the plaque, i dont mind it busy and full of pubs and people, but i have read things saying crime is bad, muggins and dealers hassling you all the time. has anyone been and knows the real deal, we want to stay in an area thats buzzing a bit but would like to be drinking in real Irish pubs not theme bars full of stag and hen nights, and deffo dont want to be staying in a place where you cant walk around without worrying about getting mugged :naughty: cheers in advance.

Been loads leaky, stayed in a nice hotel on the banks off the liffey next to occonell st, never had a bad experience at all, the only thing that pissed me off was the beggars on temple bar. Iv got nothing bad to say about the place apart from the beer prices 7$. And I went with my ex Mrs and didn't feel threatened or uncomfortable at all by anything.

It's quality mate, you'll love it ;)

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
Been loads leaky, stayed in a nice hotel on the banks off the liffey next to occonell st, never had a bad experience at all, the only thing that pissed me off was the beggars on temple bar. Iv got nothing bad to say about the place apart from the beer prices 7$. And I went with my ex Mrs and didn't feel threatened or uncomfortable at all by anything.

It's quality mate, you'll love it ;)

cheers fella thats really helpfull, it just rang alarm bells when i read this Temple Bar, Dublin - Tourist Traps - VirtualTourist the second reviews unique suggestions :eek:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
Christchurch Hotels, Christchurch Hotel | Jurys Inn Christchurch

Top place

But there are loads BED AND BREAKFASTS and really friendly and alot cheaper never had a bad feeling over in Dublin...;) ;)

hope this helps matey..:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers deano i have looked at jurys inn, but it was on the northside toward docklands area, we are off to see Roger Waters @ the O2 which is down that end, but it seems all the main drinking holes are on the southside, are there many traditional pubs round christchurch ? from what i can gather its such a compact city center, it doesn't matter where you stay as everything is only a 10 min walk. cheers will have to look into christchurch area :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I've never been there, so I wouldn't have a clue, but looking at a map of the city it looks very compact, so I expect you could easily walk anywhere without even thinking about it.

I always use this site for hotels these days Booking.com: 120000+ hotels worldwide. Book your hotel now!

It helps you search where you want to be in any given city by using airports, landmarks, railways stations etc or the area you want to be in, then you just look at the ratings and prices and read the reviews, or whatever criteria you're looking for.

It's the best i've found anyway:thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
I've never been there, so I wouldn't have a clue, but looking at a map of the city it looks very compact, so I expect you could easily walk anywhere without even thinking about it.

I always use this site for hotels these days Booking.com: 120000+ hotels worldwide. Book your hotel now!

It helps you search where you want to be in any given city by using airports, landmarks, railways stations etc or the area you want to be in, then you just look at the ratings and prices and read the reviews, or whatever criteria you're looking for.

It's the best i've found anyway:thumbsup:

yeah i use that too jim. same price as last minute.com but on booking.com you dont have to pay upfront :thumbsup: