Driving lessons.....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
Im bookin my driving lessons nx week i have got £250 to book them with i have just been looking at BSM but they are well expensive.:eek:

How many lessons do you need on avarage :confused: i will prob need loads..lol:$

Can anyone recomend any good driving schools should i go with a big company or a local one ....:confused:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
BSM, dont bother with em chick!!

i had my lessons with BSM and they well n truly ripped me off and that was 9 years ago!!

they told me i needed loads of lessons coz they said i was crap when i wasnt, they kept just letting me drive round and round and not actually do any "proper driving!!" ie 3 point turns and reversing etc..........

i would suggest going with a local firm and not a big firm.

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
nics said:

i had my lessons with BSM and they well n truly ripped me off and that was 9 years ago!!

they told me i needed loads of lessons coz they said i was crap when i wasnt, they kept just letting me drive round and round and not actually do any "proper driving!!" ie 3 point turns and reversing etc..........

Cheers nics a few have said bsm do that, but a couple ov my mates have had em and they said they were top gunna look in to some other local ones see if the prices are better :love:

Dj Ben Fisher said:
tis a shame you dont live closer to me hun . .

As my bro in law is a drivin instructor :) ( with a very high pass rate too ) so could get ya dead cheap lessons . . . . :)

awww will he not come up here to give little old me some lessons :D just kiddin i will come and lodge with you till i pass on second thoughts dont think i could survive the party house lol

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
nics said:

I had BSM the first time and they were absoloutly fantastic, past first time after a couple of months. When i had to re take my test after being banned i went with a local firm (this is ain Blackpool by the way!!) and he was less than useless!! I failed the first time i had to re take it but managed to pass the next time!!!

I'd say the opposite nics, go with a big firm cos they are usually very busy and want to get you through as quick as poss, they generally don't need to keep customers longer than necessary cos they have a waiting list to move onto anyway!!!! People working for themselves, however, have a tendency to hang on to customers if business is a bit slow.

If you can get a good personal recomandation though Katie, that'll be best, and if ever you want a spin round the trafford centre car park you know where i am chick!! :thumbsup:

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
Shabba said:
I had BSM the first time and they were absoloutly fantastic, past first time after a couple of months. When i had to re take my test after being banned i went with a local firm (this is ain Blackpool by the way!!) and he was less than useless!! I failed the first time i had to re take it but managed to pass the next time!!!

I'd say the opposite nics, go with a big firm cos they are usually very busy and want to get you through as quick as poss, they generally don't need to keep customers longer than necessary cos they have a waiting list to move onto anyway!!!! People working for themselves, however, have a tendency to hang on to customers if business is a bit slow.

If you can get a good personal recomandation though Katie, that'll be best, and if ever you want a spin round the trafford centre car park you know where i am chick!! :thumbsup:

LOL nice one shabba dabba i can just see us now in the shabba machine gettin chased by the men in the red coats lol.

I suppose its what kind ov instructer you get cos 2 ov my mates had em and one said they were brilliant and the other said they were crap there is too many others to choose from..

ScouseCol

Jan 21, 2005
Liverpool
www.dodgy-scouser.com
was almost 12 years ago when i passed my test (god i feel old now) but i had the same sort of problem, i started off with a small firm. (well was actually a bloke called alan who did it on his own who was recomended to me) I was with him for a couple of months.

I was havin a couple of lessons a week, he was basically gettin as much money out of me as possible. kept sayin he'd put me in for my test next lesson, and never did. this went on for about a month, so i changed driving instructors cause i got fed up.

I changed to a large well known company in liverpool called, A1 driving school, I had my first lesson with this guy called geoffry (great name lol) and he put me in for my test straight away. I was with him for about a month and passed first time. i also understood this guy a lot better, was much clearer in explaining things.

sayin that thou, dreamgirl passed her test not long ago, and had some lessons with the same guy i did (geoffrey) who I passed with, and didn't like him and changed instructers i think. so it's a case of if you feel comfortable with an inidvidual and understand them rather than how big the firm is.

All in all, it took me about 3 n half months and about 28/30 lessons after all the messin about i got from the first bloke.

dunno if thats any help, but thats my experience. good luck, sure you'll pass first time :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:D Awww am dead bad proud of you K-T!!

I learnt to drive with A1 Reeds.... Dont know if there still going? But my driving instructer was top notch.... I was lucky tho because my mum bought me a crash course for my Birthday present and I think she paid around about £350 but that was pure time ago... So much so I dare not tell you how long! But I did it in a week!

S-J x :love:

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
ScouseCol said:
was almost 12 years ago when i passed my test (god i feel old now) but i had the same sort of problem, i started off with a small firm. (well was actually a bloke called alan who did it on his own who was recomended to me) I was with him for a couple of months.

I was havin a couple of lessons a week, he was basically gettin as much money out of me as possible. kept sayin he'd put me in for my test next lesson, and never did. this went on for about a month, so i changed driving instructors cause i got fed up.

I changed to a large well known company in liverpool called, A1 driving school, I had my first lesson with this guy called geoffry (great name lol) and he put me in for my test straight away. I was with him for about a month and passed first time. i also understood this guy a lot better, was much clearer in explaining things.

sayin that thou, dreamgirl passed her test not long ago, and had some lessons with the same guy i did (geoffrey) who I passed with, and didn't like him and changed instructers i think. so it's a case of if you feel comfortable with an inidvidual and understand them rather than how big the firm is.

All in all, it took me about 3 n half months and about 28/30 lessons after all the messin about i got from the first bloke.

dunno if thats any help, but thats my experience. good luck, sure you'll pass first time :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The bigger company looks like it is winning at the mo

It has only took me 7 years to get my arse in to gear to book my lesson im only doin it now cos lee has started workin late therefor cant pick me up from work no more :cry: the money has been sat there 2 years waitin for me as they were a present for my 21st ov my mum :D .

Me pass 1st time ha ha never Im a bit scared i have got it in to my head that i am too old to learn how to drive lol i should ov done it when i was 17 but when you have got a bf who drives you every where ;) why do you need to drive lol

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
S-J said:
:D Awww am dead bad proud of you K-T!!

I learnt to drive with A1 Reeds.... Dont know if there still going? But my driving instructer was top notch.... I was lucky tho because my mum bought me a crash course for my Birthday present and I think she paid around about £350 but that was pure time ago... So much so I dare not tell you how long! But I did it in a week!

S-J x :love:

Will you stop it with your age You are not that old chickin. :love:

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
Northern Star said:
Innit KT babe.....start worrying when u get to my age lolol...:rofl:

You are as old as you feel unless you feel well old then you have got no hopes lol.. Awwww doesnt matter to no one anymore as long as ur here and happy :love: :love:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i think its a case of each to there own and wether you click with the instructor, i tried a few local firms but didnt click so thats why i chose to go with a big firm and hoped for the best, dont get me wrong, he was a good instructor but he just saw £££ signs and decided to rip me off and he did the same to me as scouse col, said he would put me in for my test next lesson and never did.

its all changed a lot now since i had lessons, youve gotta take 3 tests now aint ya???

bubbles whoever you decide to go with i hope you pass with flying colours hun xx :car: :car:

ScouseCol

Jan 21, 2005
Liverpool
www.dodgy-scouser.com
Bubbles said:
The bigger company looks like it is winning at the mo

It has only took me 7 years to get my arse in to gear to book my lesson im only doin it now cos lee has started workin late therefor cant pick me up from work no more :cry: the money has been sat there 2 years waitin for me as they were a present for my 21st ov my mum :D .

Me pass 1st time ha ha never Im a bit scared i have got it in to my head that i am too old to learn how to drive lol i should ov done it when i was 17 but when you have got a bf who drives you every where ;) why do you need to drive lol

too old !! get outta town, what are ya 23/24? my mate passed 1st time when she was 30, no problem !!:thumbsup:

it's all about confidence as ya say. my advice is get a family member, friend or ya bf to take ya out themselves inbetween lessons, just to get your confidence on the road. once you've masterd clutch controll, the rest is easy. it's just about anticipating what other road users are going to do (cause more often than not they do stupid things), but that just comes with experience. driving is easy, tis passing your test which is the hard bit, a bit of concentration on your test thou, and thats all you need.:thumbsup:

you'll fly through luv :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Bubbles said:
You are as old as you feel unless you feel well old then you have got no hopes lol.. Awwww doesnt matter to no one anymore as long as ur here and happy :love: :love:

Aye i feel grrrrreat......i look after myself during the week and then do what i want at wk end...seems to work for me........but the confusing thing is...i have no energy at all during the wk but get me to Fri and im full o beans :rofl:

Backwards eh...its the early mornings that kill me........cant get up to save my life :confused:

And i am very happy at the mo.........:love:

Anyway back to the driving.......its same as dj-ing (which ill be learning soon) once its clicked u have it in the bag hun!!!! the more practise u get the better imo!!!! :thumbsup:

Ill race ya.....ist one to it....u driving or me mixing.......lol!!!

I remember when i was learning (all those yrs ago lol) i used get really upset with myself as id come home thinking 'i cant do this' but one day totally out of the blue.....i went on a lesson and everything just fell into place...dunno how, it just happened.....:confused: and it wasnt long after that i passed my test!!!!!!

Good luck chicken!!!! :love:

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
Northern Star said:
Anyway back to the driving.......its same as dj-ing (which ill be learning soon) once its clicked u have it in the bag hun!!!! the more practise u get the better imo!!!! :thumbsup:

Ill race ya.....ist one to it....u driving or me mixing.......lol!!!

Good luck chicken!!!! :love:

I hope its not like mixin lol i have tryed to do that hundreds ov times and still cant do it if thats the case you will win that race lol will get leee to take me out alot in his car.... But then again he was the one who tryed to show me how to mix:| lol ..love him really :luv: :love:

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
ScouseCol said:
too old !! get outta town, what are ya 23/24? my mate passed 1st time when she was 30, no problem !!:thumbsup:

it's all about confidence as ya say. my advice is get a family member, friend or ya bf to take ya out themselves inbetween lessons, just to get your confidence on the road. once you've masterd clutch controll, the rest is easy. it's just about anticipating what other road users are going to do (cause more often than not they do stupid things), but that just comes with experience. driving is easy, tis passing your test which is the hard bit, a bit of concentration on your test thou, and thats all you need.:thumbsup:

you'll fly through luv :thumbsup:

yer 23 good advice will let you know how the first lesson goes lol