Don't knock me for trying lol....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Despite neglecting OSA a serious amount, (blame Facebook) I just thought i'd bug you all with my charity fundraising and vanity campaigns while I have found myself back on here tonight. Even if you hate pageants, I'm sure you can't hate me for trying to raise for a good cause, so here goes :D

I am running for this years Miss Wigan, (last chance as I have now reached old age in the pageant world), if you would like to vote for me, then please text, 'Wigan 18 Amy M' to 84205....it costs 60p, 30p of which goes to charity. For more details check the Facebook group -------> Log in | Facebook

I am also running a fancy dress club/pub crawl in Wigan for the bank holiday on 2nd May, if people would like to join us, please inbox me! I have managed to get free entry to all the clubs for the troop.

As part of the Miss Wigan campagin, I need to raise £200 for 'The Variety Club North West', which helps sick, disabled and disadvantaged kids all over the area. If you can spare £1 or whatever you can afford, I would very much appreciate it, and you can do so by following this link -----------> Amy Marsden is fundraising for Variety Club Children's Charity - JustGiving

Thank you, your place in heaven is secured lol :)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
You've got soma balls doing the contest, :) because you know what people are like. Of course, it would be a different story if you were to win ;) :)

I helped another girl out for the '08 Miss World doing a charity fashion show in Leeds.

What exactly do you have to do for the whole contest?? :luv:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Thanks Cheryl, and yeah it is proving really hard to get support for the contest. It tends to end up being more of a popularity contest than a beauty contest (text voting is crap). I have more chance though this year, they are putting three girls through from Wigan 1. text vote winner, 2. girl who raises the most for charity 3. judges beauty vote. As normal already, the chavs are high up in the votes....they seem to have endeless networks of people to give money and vote!

Basically I have to raise £200 for the Variety club, which is a great charity helping kids. This is required for entry into the final. Then in addition we have to do some kind of drive or event, so I have organised a fancy dress night out in Wigan with support of some of the clubs. I'm really not doing well at the moment, £11 raised only!

Final is on 10th May and then its Miss England later in the year!

A lot of people from here have already voted, so I guess I should thank them a lot, the usual crew who are very supportive :wave: :) Thanks!

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
You got my vote Amy, nice 1 for getting off ur ass to raise some cash for charity, i should do the same myself. i'm thinking a sponsored drinkathon maybe, or a curry eating contest, might as well raise some cash for doing what i do every weekend anyway lol :p

best of luck with it m8 ;) :thumbsup: