Does anyone remember KOLLISION?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

StuHarmer

Nov 7, 2006
Hi way back in the day (89, 90, 91) i used to go out round Wolverhampton. We used to go to a rave called KOLLISION which was held at the Civic Halls. It was seriously the dogs cajonies and i was wondering if anyone on here used to go or even at a push has footage from it? The other place we went, normally before we went Kollision, was Cleopatras Nightclub. I can remember the big tunes then were Impedance - Tainted Love, Bizz Nizz - Dont Miss the Partyline, Beat Club - Security, LFO - LFO, stuff like that. When neither were on we'd all go to Picasso's but that was kinda later on in 91, 92 really. If anyone has any memories of this or indeed footage or flyers then PLEASE post on here!! I'd be well chuffed cos i've never known anyone for years who's actually been. Cheers.:)

matt72

May 22, 2006
Manchester.
Hi way back in the day (89, 90, 91) i used to go out round Wolverhampton. We used to go to a rave called KOLLISION which was held at the Civic Halls. It was seriously the dogs cajonies and i was wondering if anyone on here used to go or even at a push has footage from it? The other place we went, normally before we went Kollision, was Cleopatras Nightclub. I can remember the big tunes then were Impedance - Tainted Love, Bizz Nizz - Dont Miss the Partyline, Beat Club - Security, LFO - LFO, stuff like that. When neither were on we'd all go to Picasso's but that was kinda later on in 91, 92 really. If anyone has any memories of this or indeed footage or flyers then PLEASE post on here!! I'd be well chuffed cos i've never known anyone for years who's actually been. Cheers.:)

I was a regular at Cleos (Love Revolution) and Kollision run by Jonah residents DJs were Si Storer and Scott who both went on to produce a lot of the Cleveland City material.
Cleos was a top Friday night and was my real intro into the house scene obvious anthem was Love revolution- Give it to me Baby!! produces by Si Storer. After this Friday night shut down which was played out by John Kelly who was a regular there the night moved to a Saturday and into Brum at a club called Snobs this night took a couple of months to build up but when it did it was an absolutely fantastic night withe the same residents as Cleos and an addition of a guy called Parker from Manchester who was excellent playing a lot of American Garage guest DJs were John Kelly, Choci, Jon E Bloc
when this night hit its peak you would have been pushed to find a better night anywhere in the country got that big the night had to move to an even bigger venue The Institute in Digbeth and hosted such big names as Frankie Knuckles.
Would be interested to hear from anyone that went out to these nights or have any mixes available i have a few in my vault but would appreciate more.
Still see the guys that ran and played at these nights aout and about, cant beleive its 16 years ago seems only like yesterday!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

StuHarmer

Nov 7, 2006
I'll never forget one night we were all dancin away and suddenly the MC shouted " Security to the dancefloor!!!" so of course the security men ran to the dance floor and everyone fuckin ran for it, chaos ensumed and everyone heard The Beat Club - Security......what the MC actually meant was that the dj was gonna play the said track and that everyone should go to the dancefloor!!! Classic moment. I remember the name Jonah....this MC was well popular at the time, black dude with small dreads. I remember Quest but i'm talkin before that. Blimey Si Storer!! I'd well like to get in touch with him and get him to dj up here! I can even remember a road sign on the pedestrian crossing toward where the statue of a black horse is which had a Kollison flyer stuck to the back of it for fuckin months!! Honestly, Bizz Nizz - Don't Miss The Partyline was massive then! And then inbetween nights everyone would flock to Ruby Red Records to buy choons.

EZEE

Jan 16, 2007
midlands crew
quest

Quest was the Daddy in Wolves if you were into Hardcore Rave. Love Revolution was way before Quest and played you House like it should be played.phones: phones:

very fair comment m8, i later became regular at pimp "mixmag" very good house played there

steve w

Apr 11, 2009
wolverhampton

Hi Stu,i know its a few years late but i too used to go to kollision and cleos,the first one being the end of 89.the mc was mc levi (thiiiis is kollision,let me see those acid fingers etc lol) who is still on the scene.Ive got hold of some photos and a flyer from the last one in 91 with njoi (the photos are very early)but i dont know how to upload them on here but they're on my facebook page if you want to add me its steve woolridge cheers.

steve

StuHarmer

Nov 7, 2006
I got in touch with Levi on Facebook ages ago and chatted to him about those nights at Cleo's and Kollision. I was amazed at the pics he has online. I'm not on Facebook anymore tho.