Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
truly-madly said:
Don't shoot!

I know you lot are predominantly Old School, but do any of you still buy new stuff as well as searching out all the Italian gems, etc? And if so, what are you into?

I do. A bit of everything, mainly house, funky house, but anything if I like it.

bucky

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
try and buy as much new stuff as i can afford (which aint that much at the mo ;) ) .... most of the time i opt for a nice selection of breakbeat (ie. nu-skool breaks), but dig loads of the electro, new wave acid/electroclash and even some tech-house thats out there at the mo ..... phones:

its a pity i've been a damn student this past 4 years, as if i'd have been working my collection would have grown tenfold with there being just so much classy music about, particularly the past 2 years, where tunes production wise have been superb .....

still primarily in love with my old pureist stuff though, so dont shoot me ;)

not normally but i have had a brand newy through the post today.

Piccie disc of kylie Minogues new song I belive in you. Just love the piccie discs that get released with her songs and i'm gonna admit i think this new release of hers has a proper cool electronic sound to it so i might just play it instead of hanging it on me wall. :$

untoe

Oct 25, 2001
belfast
aint bought any new stuff for a bout a yr now but still like to listen to new mixes mostly trancey progressive stuff , fav tune in the last few months is ethan - in my heart phones: phones: phones: .

mark.

Attachments

• ethan - in my heart (original mix) edit.mp3
    723.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
I probably do, on average, £150 per week on new music. I have bought 'new music' every week since about 1985. The new music I have bought has turned into Old School - be it Hip Hop or Dance. If I hadn't bought new music, I'd have no Old School music today.
Of course not all the stuff I've bought has weathered the test of time, but if I've really made a mistake it goes in one of my little spring clean ups and makes space for some more new music.
For me, the vast majority of new tunes have their own little memories - be it that I have tracked them down after hearing them out or hearing the first time through a pair of headphones in a shop - and thinking "yeah, that rocks!" Then seeing how well it works when played out.
I'd say any DJ who doesn't have an open mind for new music is missing a trick, and as far as I am concerned, some of the tunes I bought this year will go on to be classics in years to come.

So, basically, yes, I buy new music - and always will.

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
Fallout said:
I probably do, on average, £150 per week on new music. I have bought 'new music' every week since about 1985. The new music I have bought has turned into Old School - be it Hip Hop or Dance. If I hadn't bought new music, I'd have no Old School music today.
Of course not all the stuff I've bought has weathered the test of time, but if I've really made a mistake it goes in one of my little spring clean ups and makes space for some more new music.
For me, the vast majority of new tunes have their own little memories - be it that I have tracked them down after hearing them out or hearing the first time through a pair of headphones in a shop - and thinking "yeah, that rocks!" Then seeing how well it works when played out.
I'd say any DJ who doesn't have an open mind for new music is missing a trick, and as far as I am concerned, some of the tunes I bought this year will go on to be classics in years to come.

So, basically, yes, I buy new music - and always will.

here, here .... well put man :thumbsup:

stuck in Aahz

Mar 28, 2004
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
I havn't bought any new tunes in a couple years now. I just cant be asked to spend $12 a record when I can get older stuff I like just as much if not better on ebay in big lots for next to nowt. I usually always make my money back just re-selling the bits and pieces I don't care for.