Do you get bored

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pete-nic

Mar 28, 2007
Burnley
Well ive decided tonight that im thoroughly bored of my oldskool selection so have taken the monumental decision of deleting the lot roughly 1500 tunes , all just overplayed pish imo , think its high time i dug deeper into the soulful side of oldskool as my days of plinky piano are coming to a close i feel , same old borin borin borin , does anyone else have the same tendancies to just fall out of love with genres of music and also where do i go from here , i like vocal soulful house from the early 90s that keep even be bordering on deep house , but i aint got the foggiest what to look for and where to find it , in some respects im lucky as it was all mp3s anyway god knows what id feel like if id got bored of 1500 vinyls id bought i would be sick lol , any recomendations greatly appreciated many thanks pete . phones: :thumbsup:

wow, changing times ahead. Maybe don't delete all ur MP3s, at least pass them on to someone appreciative perhaps???

I'd recommend youtube for finding tunes...I always search on there for new stuff...start with something you like and go from there, look at peoples channels n stuff, remixes by the same producer and other stuff...Ive found so much new music this way. You can do more online research once uve dug up a beauty this way xxx

You're taste changes, it's just what brains do sometimes isn't it?

I never used to like olives...proper bum em now tho hahahaha...:cops:

x

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
i got bored with house around 93 and sold all my tunes:( and didn't really listen to much for a few years, (until i got on the web and it all flooded back) i got into collecting and listening to funk, finding all the old tunes that were sampled in hiphop, which i was into in the early 80s but i listen to allsorts from 70s rock, floyd hendrix etc, but nowadays its like bod said, nu funk, party hop, dub step, as long as its a bit raw n funky it gets my vote phones: :cool: but it all depends on what mood im in, got a fort knox 5 bangrah mix playing in the car at the moment, and dont mind a bit of folk, even country :D

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
I think you'd probably find what you're looking for digging through a lot of old US house and garage from the early 90's. Labels like Strictly Rhythm, Nervous, eightball, emotive, Azuli, Hi-Bias. Also producers such as masters at work, todd terry, knuckles, morales, victor simonelli etc.. :thumbsup:

pete-nic

Mar 28, 2007
Burnley
Yeah i agree with most things stated there even down to the point about bummin olives , foul little things when your young but now utterly devine and when combined with red crunchy peppers that tesco sell at there instore deli mmmmm taste sensation , fill your pot for £3 funny watching people myself included do all they can to ram as much as they can in lol , as for giving the mp3s away to others i do that all the time anyway have sent discs full to people and have a blog Wonderful World Of Dance thats crammed to the rafters with the best of the stuff i had , the rest of it was shit anyway tbh , ill look up those artists geeky as they sound like where i need to be at also might have a word with mr radish as i like some of the stuff he plays too , as for Bod and leakys suggestions am there brothers of funk , love all that new funky stuff thats about only trouble with it is its tricky to find online , ive spent hours going through soundcloud mix tracklists then hitting them up on soulseek to no avail , still love the breaks but i am getting more into the soulful funky side of things ............maybe im just getting old :D