DJS of the time

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Zammo, he was on Grange Hill wasn't he?:crazy:

Otherwise i've never heard of either of them (or at least I can't remember ever hearing about them) :S :)

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
The first time I came accross Zammo was thru that Coyote tune on Stress in 93 phones: phones: IMO well worth checking out.

I'm sure there was a thread not so long ago about him or poss the Rhumba Club.

Some of the London guys will have more info prob.

:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

Mister_DJ said:
The first time I came accross Zammo was thru that Coyote tune on Stress in 93 phones: phones: IMO well worth checking out.

I'm sure there was a thread not so long ago about him or poss the Rhumba Club.

Some of the London guys will have more info prob.

:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

Thats him I got booked to play at the Rhumba Club in Scotland and met Zammo there we then played up north for a while great DJ as Marc was :thumbsup:

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
I s Marc also known as DJ Streetsahead or am i getting it all wrong!?

BTW DJ Streetsahead is the coolest DJ name i've ever come across, proper UK B-Boy style... he did the classic James Brown Payback mix with Norman Cook

daygo

Jan 31, 2006
brighton
stores.ebay.co.uk
1988star said:
Some of my all time heros were MARC AUBACH(sorry mark not sure of the spelling) and ZAMMO they were I right on the pulse any words about these would be good have you heard of them??

Zammo aka Scott Simpson - mild mannerred architect by day.............absolute loon come the weekend. The biggest party animal bar none i ever met in 10 years of top flight DJing.:love:

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
MANC said:
I s Marc also known as DJ Streetsahead or am i getting it all wrong!?

BTW DJ Streetsahead is the coolest DJ name i've ever come across, proper UK B-Boy style... he did the classic James Brown Payback mix with Norman Cook

Close but no cigar - DJ Streetsahead later went on to be in Ramp (Loaded Records) and pehaps Slacker???

He did some great stuff as DJ Streetsahead - one of the best (and funniest) mixes I remember was of Was Not Was - Spy In The House Of Love - this has some great Muppets samples

dodgymix

nathan said:
bump mixes were a bit hot and cold IMO. Hi releases as bump were great. My fave remix has to be RUBY TURNER - never ever (gonna give you up)

yep the club diamonds ep was class,.

also loved "house stomping"

always loved the pumping house mix of kim english "nitelife" whata tunes. only got in on a promo so I might have the wrong mix, could be the Joe T vanellli mix I'm thinking of

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
I once DJ`d with Marc Auerbach in London eons ago and he also visited at another couple of gigs I did down there.

Nice guy and good DJ.

He was, of course, one half of Bump, and also the owner of Good Boy records - one of the best known releases was Vitamino feat Ricardo da Force - What I`ve Got which was the first release on the label and destroyed by Polydor records when they licensed it and killed the tune with their production.

For you Gold members it is track 10 on the <<REPLAY<< volume 3 mix I put up for download in the gold members section.

I lost contact with him years ago.

I agree that the best remix they did was Ruby Turner.

daygo

Jan 31, 2006
brighton
stores.ebay.co.uk
Very interesting thread this, in that it's jogged my memory of a few dj's who never really made it but were great..................personally I used to love Glenn Gunner in the early 90's............a really nice balearic / garage / disco mix...........his big tune was the hilarious Bumblebee Unlimited 'Ladybug'..........the piano nicked by Rio Rhythm Band for 'Carnival de casa'.

Also Kim da Silva was another one who never broke out , but was very gifted.

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
daygo said:
Very interesting thread this, in that it's jogged my memory of a few dj's who never really made it but were great..................personally I used to love Glenn Gunner in the early 90's............a really nice balearic / garage / disco mix...........his big tune was the hilarious Bumblebee Unlimited 'Ladybug'..........the piano nicked by Rio Rhythm Band for 'Carnival de casa'.

Also Kim da Silva was another one who never broke out , but was very gifted.

Agreed on both of those:thumbsup:
Glen Gunner reminded me of another great 'Flying' Dj that was a regional favourite here and that was Clive Henry of H.A.L.F. fame. Superb dj. Also Craig Walsh - top bloke :thumbsup:

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
daygo said:
Shem Mcauley...................also Nation 12
I never realised he did this - whatta choon

R-99142-1116010106.jpg

R-99142-1116010106.jpg