dj welly tape

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

mikey

Jan 15, 2002
hello people!
i'm sure you lot can give me some info here :phones:

i've a welly tape for about 10-11 years.judging by the tunes it's defo 92 era.
doesn't have any title in particular,it's just got 'life @ bowlers' on it.
the opening track is 'felix-don't u want me' and the dj does a deck-stop...the mc then says..'i am a nightmare walking'...repeated a few times.
then a version of 'asmo-jam the dance' comes in.
i'd like to know the version of this tune (asmo).i've got 3 different 12"s and none of em have it on.
someone will be familiar with this tape.i've misplaced it but nearly had a full tracklisting apart from about 4 tunes.the rest i have on vinyl.
tunes on the tape are (in no order):
thk - france
alex lee - take it
m17 - rocking down the house
direckt - i got ya feeling
k klass - so right & rhythm is a mystery

any help would be muchos apprciatamos!
cheers
mikey

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I take it the 12's you've already got there Mikey are the original TEK3 (although the only way to tell it's TEK3 is it's only scratched on the vinyl!), TEK4 and TEK11 (Jam The Dance 92).

mikey

Jan 15, 2002
cheers

thanks a lot for the info.
i've got 2 tek copies.i think they're 4 and 11.
the other one i've got is called 'the rushamuffin e.p.' and is a white with a few tracks on.one of them is 'jam the dance' but it's a more hardcore version.
the one off the tape is a breakbeat one and that's the one i'm after.
i'll try and find the tape.phil @ melodyhouse thinks there might have been an un-official remix type 12".a version useing all the same noises but actually by someone else.could be this one i dunno.
thanks again for the replies,much appreciated.
mikey

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I think that the one you'll after is TEK 3 - although I'm not sure that I'd call it breakbeat. It's more or less my favourite house record ever though.

I actually swapped my copy with one of the blokes who was in Rhythm Foundation for an extra copy of Voices Of Africa I had.

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
yep it's deffo tek 3 - just the original release..not a bootie or anything.

jonno, what do you mean by the only way to tell it's tek 3 is by the etching?

is it not labelled or is it labelled up as something else?

been after this for a while myself.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
grad said:
jonno, what do you mean by the only way to tell it's tek 3 is by the etching?

is it not labelled or is it labelled up as something else?
There is absolutely no catalogue number printed or written on this release whatsoever. The only place that has TEK 3 is on the actual record itself - etched in (can't remember whether it's a scratched or a stamped etching though).

I thought Shooms had a few spare copies of this, which I presumed was from the south coast connection - Tek Records based in Bournemouth (I think!) and Shooms in Portsmouth. Could have just dreamt that though bit though.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I think that's TEK 3 although I get mixed up about the other tunes on there. TEK 3 has 2 mixes of Jam The Dance on - Jam The Dance and Jam The Dance, More Time Mix along with one other tune - El Shabaz or Music Please, can't remember which off hand. TEK 4 has just got the More Time Mix of Jam The Dance along with El Shabaz and Music Please (and one other tune I think?!). TEK 11 has just got 2 completely different mixes of Jam The Dance only.

Jonno said:
There is absolutely no catalogue number printed or written on this release whatsoever. The only place that has TEK 3 is on the actual record itself - etched in (can't remember whether it's a scratched or a stamped etching though).

I thought Shooms had a few spare copies of this, which I presumed was from the south coast connection - Tek Records based in Bournemouth (I think!) and Shooms in Portsmouth. Could have just dreamt that though bit though.

I did have lol - the only copy I got now is the release with the b/beat mix as well as the 4/4 mix.

The 4/4 mix is available all the place down here - I know where I can get 3 copies without even breakin sweat lol. Yep - Jonno - must be the Tek connection coz that is Bournmouth (bet Ben (lastnightadj) could shed some light on em.

If anyone wants me to look out for one let me know :thumbsup:

PS I'm after the 92 hardcore remix - is it rush the dance ??

Shoomster said:

PS I'm after the 92 hardcore remix - is it rush the dance ??

LOL - duuur - if I read the thread properly in the 1st place I might be able to answer me own question :axe:

Mikey - the mix you are after - does it breakdown to a metal sounding synth melody with a hooooge booming b-line replicating the synth melody - also has male mc going 'to the beat, to the beat, kick it like this'.

If so then this is the version I am also after

mikey

Jan 15, 2002
cheers for the sample mate.i didn't get to listen to much of it,there's something wrong with media player on this pc i'm using.keeps putting the 'illegal operation' box up whenever you start to listen to stuff.
sounds like the right one though from the bit i heard i.e. the start.it's got very distinctive noises in this version.
i'm putting the unknown tracks from the dj welly tape in the tunes id's section.there'll just be descriptions though,i figure someone will id them though from having the tape and by recognising my tracklisting.
cheers all!
mikey