dj sy&mc pointblank @ activate bradford 92

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lambretta

Jan 9, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nice one, got these on the DL now :thumbsup:

I've been looking for Activate stuff for a while now but only managed a terrible copy of Side B of this tape so much appreciated!

Mate of mine knows a guy who claims to have a load of Activate tapes hidden away somewhere so if I do ever get them I'll up them here of course...

Cheers
Julian

lambretta

Jan 9, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
To be honest its the first time ive come across em think ive got another activate set somewhere i,ll try and dig it out for u.

bridey

Nice one mate, really appreciate that - I used to help out with the Activates and did some live graffiti and stuff at the all nighters, they were cracking nights - not many places would put Vertigo and CJ Bolland on one after the other ;)

Meese

Apr 16, 2005
Bradford
Activate at the uni or queens hall,only ever seen this set about online,never any others,would love to hear some more.aahh the memories.used to go to bibby's then to activate after for the all nighters.already have this mix but would recommend it.:gigolo:

P.S always thought PBT were a bradford act.could be wrong though.

lambretta

Jan 9, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
Activate at the uni or queens hall,only ever seen this set about online,never any others,would love to hear some more.aahh the memories.used to go to bibby's then to activate after for the all nighters.already have this mix but would recommend it.:gigolo:

PBT were from out of Bradford, except Point Blank who was local - they were promoted heavily by Activate though, and did Bradford pirate radio a lot, so were always associated with the city in that way.

Unless of course my brain is slightly more addled than I thought from those days :fekked:

Spoke to a mate of mine last night and he's found his activate membership card, I'll have to scan it in and post it, they were made of lots of bits of paper cut out and stuck together then laminated, so they couldnt be copied. I remember spending many an hour cutting out tiny little "a"'s for the middle of them :p Happy Dayz

Meese

Apr 16, 2005
Bradford
PBT were from out of Bradford, except Point Blank who was local - they were promoted heavily by Activate though, and did Bradford pirate radio a lot, so were always associated with the city in that way.

Unless of course my brain is slightly more addled than I thought from those days :fekked:

Spoke to a mate of mine last night and he's found his activate membership card, I'll have to scan it in and post it, they were made of lots of bits of paper cut out and stuck together then laminated, so they couldnt be copied. I remember spending many an hour cutting out tiny little "a"'s for the middle of them :p Happy Dayz
haha wicked mate.yeah used to listen to PCR back then was a wicked pirate station and knew a few of the DJ's on there as they were from my area,saturday morning madheads ZY and Tech and DJ Spag who played some wicked techno on a thursday night.and DJ Frankie as well.your probably right about PBT mate,probably more like my brain frazzled haha.thats wicked about finding the old membership card.

BRIDEY1

Mar 25, 2007
rochdale

this set is bradford uni ,still trying to find that other set:( :mad:

stevejcorby

Oct 3, 2009
www.youtube.com
Nice one, got these on the DL now :thumbsup:

I've been looking for Activate stuff for a while now but only managed a terrible copy of Side B of this tape so much appreciated!

Mate of mine knows a guy who claims to have a load of Activate tapes hidden away somewhere so if I do ever get them I'll up them here of course...

Cheers
Julian
Did you ever find any activate tapes?