DJ Kate Lawler ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
Kate Lawler is a DJ....
What a load of Bollox

Question: If she hadnt appeared on Big Brother, would she be where she is now, top of the bill in Ibiza?.......Would she Fu!*

One of my favourite Djs is Nick Warren and he doesnt top the bill in Ibiza very often, and he,s fookin amazin, some of the best tunes you will ever hear, and then some prick like this comes along and steals the limelight

Shite!!!!!

kinda reminds me of when Nigel Benn was all the hype, massive build ups to an event near me in Bolton at a nightclub called the Temple, Nigel topped the bill, end of the night all kinds of muppets were saying he,s top him, what a Dj,but yet, havin a bit of a clue can tell ya,s that he was supershite, mismatched beats,shit scratching and in general a bad set, in fact one of the worst sets Ive heard in my life but he was top of the fuckin bill, he was paid a fortune for that.

He was paid for being Nigel Benn, I can tell ya and not for being a class Dj, thats just England though now aint it, get a nobody and make them into a somebody for all the wrong reasons

id say a large percentage of dj's get work because they are in the right circles / know the right people. Fair enough there mite be a celeb element to this which might bring things down a little, but its no different than someone who knows someone in a dj agency or a club and can get them some gigs.

If she was so shite i dont think she would have lasted five minutes.

You get the same in soccer though, alex ferguson made sure his son got a game at utd - but he was pap. Same with one or two others where it was always about the name, but then there were one or two who got the break who were good enough to rise above it ..

old skool

Nov 18, 2005
stockton-on-tees
gotta giv her some credit atleast shes TRYING to be talented at something unlike all the rest of the bb contestants.the mixes off her site r orite but this probaby doesnt reflect seein her on a nite out-cant comment cos i havent seen her tho she mite b orite

-yes it is a shame alot of these ppl take the places of the more talented djs and thers alot of idiots out ther who know fuk all about music who will just bum them anyway-BUT i wudnt worry too much cos at the end of the day thers enough true house music lovers out ther who know ther stuff and in the end a gash dj wont b able to get away with it for long and ppl will stop going to see them,like nigel benn for example(dont like to badmouth one of my heroes but i think even he admits now he was a shite dj).

Forgetliner

Jan 8, 2007
Bolton
-yes it is a shame alot of these ppl take the places of the more talented djs and thers alot of idiots out ther who know fuk all about music who will just bum them anyway-BUT i wudnt worry too much cos at the end of the day thers enough true house music lovers out ther who know ther stuff and in the end a gash dj wont b able to get away with it for long and ppl will stop going to see them,like nigel benn for example(dont like to badmouth one of my heroes but i think even he admits now he was a shite dj).

and ya took the words right out my mouth matey

celeb culture just pisses me off

elusive

Sep 19, 2001
basingstoke
how many good djs do you know who don't get a chance at decent plays just because they are not known
90% of these big djs are lazy (the old skool hardcore ones are anyway)
i know i'd use my fame to, if it got me a chance to get somewhere & make a living out of it, instead of my crap dead end job
she does seem to be bandwagon jumping though, theres hardly any dance music history in a dj thats been going for 2 years
just another funky house dj by the sound of it.....YAWN!
alot of us have been plugging away for years without any luck or breaks
as of may this year i've been djing 17 years

Forgetliner

Jan 8, 2007
Bolton
Answer me this, if u got on big brother and then get the chance to dj all over the world because of it, would u turn it down?

I wouldnt be so sad as to even try and get on a fuckin show like Big Brother mate, If people wanna be noticed for doing whatever it may be that they do, then they should practice at it and gain recognition for a talent they posess, not for appearing on our tv screens as a nobody, I aint a Dj mate or owt like that but I feel sorry for the hundreds of Djs out there who put time and effort into what they do and get nowhere because of these celeb wankers who come from under there stones and steal all the glory.

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
I wouldnt be so sad as to even try and get on a fuckin show like Big Brother mate, If people wanna be noticed for doing whatever it may be that they do, then they should practice at it and gain recognition for a talent they posess, not for appearing on our tv screens as a nobody, I aint a Dj mate or owt like that but I feel sorry for the hundreds of Djs out there who put time and effort into what they do and get nowhere because of these celeb wankers who come from under there stones and steal all the glory.

thats life mate im afraid, not what you know its who you know to a certain extent (and then having the ability to follow through).

Sonic92

VIP Gold Member
Apr 14, 2005
The Vault
I'd give her no credit for trying, she like all sorts of other washed up, Z list celebrities have been convinced by there agents to market themselves as 'DJ's' in a last ditch, money grabbing attempt to prolong their pityful careers. I saw an advert for Butlins during the summer which promoted the fact that DJ Kate Lawler, DJ Fran Cosgrove (general arseh0le) and DJ Adele Roberts (another BB nobody) were all playing there and stated that they were all big name Ministry Of Sound DJ's - That place has as much credibility as a decent club these days as the disco at a Butlins!!! :eek:

Anyway as youv'e probably gathered I have no time what so ever for talentless nomarks, shame on Sankey's for encouraging them, I wont be going there again in a hurry.

I remember going to Cream to see Dave Clarke in the early 90's and there was a suprise guest on after him in the back room. Imagine the horror to discover it was goalkeeper David James!!!! :eek: Needless to say he was awful and we left early!
Who on earth are we going to be subjected to next, DJ Jade Fookin Goody :mad:

or this idiot

View attachment Beckham.bmp

Forgetliner

Jan 8, 2007
Bolton
Couldnt agree more Sonic

Like the tune says

"Every technique can be used in a great many ways
but mastering it, thats what really counts"

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

and that my friend is off an old Dave Graham tape called Floorfillas, n its bangin

Dr Good Groove

Sep 19, 2005
London
The irony here is that a lot of so called big name DJ's from the acid house / rave era got in a good position due to persistant blagging rather than natural musical talent and technical skills. But this is silly I admit.

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
I remember going to Cream to see Dave Clarke in the early 90's and there was a suprise guest on after him in the back room. Imagine the horror to discover it was goalkeeper David James!!!! :eek: Needless to say he was awful and we left early!
Who on earth are we going to be subjected to next, DJ Jade Fookin Goody :mad:

View attachment 21928

hahaha- that's a hilarious combination of djs & I should imagine personalities with the old grumpy baron of techno himself :D

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
I feel sorry for the hundreds of Djs out there who put time and effort into what they do and get nowhere because of these celeb wankers who come from under there stones and steal all the glory.

I'm a dj who spent hour after hour after hour on me dex and it didnt get me on where but i'm not jelous about someone else using what they have to get some where, in fact more the opposite, i quite admire her for it:thumbsup:

Forgetliner

Jan 8, 2007
Bolton
I'm a dj who spent hour after hour after hour on me dex and it didnt get me on where but i'm not jelous about someone else using what they have to get some where, in fact more the opposite, i quite admire her for it:thumbsup:

Wait a minute!!
You spent hour after hour perfecting your mixes,techniques whatever and she comes along and not just her, theres others and reaps the benefits of being known as a top dj, topping the bills for just appearing on tele and your not pissed at her, you just think shes fit mate

Wheres your fuckin passion lad?

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Wait a minute!!
You spent hour after hour perfecting your mixes,techniques whatever and she comes along and not just her, theres others and reaps the benefits of being known as a top dj, topping the bills for just appearing on tele and your not pissed at her, you just think shes fit mate

Wheres your fuckin passion lad?

I never said i thought she was fit.
now I love music mate, I love sharing my music. I have no need to feel jelous cause somebody wants to be a dj. I don't do it reap benefits, as a lot of people on this site will tell you, i would dj for nowt, i dont wanna be known. i just wanna play music.
Now thats passion and if u cant see or understand that then we'll never agree mate:D

Forgetliner

Jan 8, 2007
Bolton
Ok mate, thats a fair comment, but Kate in some ways represents what a Dj is to an outsider dont you agree, and this is what pisses me off cos that isnt what a Dj is all about, which brings me to my point, n like you said you put hours n hours of practice in and you will play for nothing which I completely respect mate! I myself would play for nowt too, so dont ya think that she is just cashing in on mine n your thing and everbody elses. Now thats Passion mate!!! n im sure we can agree on that, Cant we?

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Ok mate, thats a fair comment, but Kate in some ways represents what a Dj is to an outsider dont you agree, and this is what pisses me off cos that isnt what a Dj is all about, which brings me to my point, n like you said you put hours n hours of practice in and you will play for nothing which I completely respect mate! I myself would play for nowt too, so dont ya think that she is just cashing in on mine n your thing and everbody elses. Now thats Passion mate!!! n im sure we can agree on that, Cant we?

I know where your comin from fella but u get one chance in life and you have got to make the most of it, shes done that and I really do admire her for it. If shes shit and she plays bad tunes then its simple just dont go and watch her.
Promoters will soon get the msg if they are losing money and wont book her, eventualy the peeps who deserve to be playing will get there chance:thumbsup:

Forgetliner

Jan 8, 2007
Bolton
I know where your comin from fella but u get one chance in life and you have got to make the most of it, shes done that and I really do admire her for it. If shes shit and she plays bad tunes then its simple just dont go and watch her.
Promoters will soon get the msg if they are losing money and wont book her, eventualy the peeps who deserve to be playing will get there chance:thumbsup:

In an ideal world, Yeah peeps who deserve to be playing will get there chance
but sometimes thats not the way, A friend of mine used to go out way back when, to all the Legends,Conspiracy nights and totally grew up on dance tunes, around 93 -94 He bought his first pair of decks, jus happened to be 1210s, mastered his technique,started to mix tapes for me and the boys,did a few pubs and small venues and was really really good, was the sort of Dj who had tunes that made you cry, such power and emotion in them and people would say"fook me that guys amazing, tunes that made people stand back in amazement" mixing that was end to end faultless, this guy practised day n night, was a complete perfectionist, Because of his love for Legends, all he wanted to do was play there, anyway he finally got the c,mon from a friend of mine to play there, we were buzzing,even though it wasnt called Legends then, it was something else, cant remember really!! Anyhow he put loads of effort into the set selection, had tunes like Straight up house,Dont ya know ya drive me wild, Techno age, asha, magics back, espiral, some fuckin stormers, played the set and wiped the floor with the djs, everybody knew it and every one commented on how good he was and that they would love to see him play there regularly, anyway alls the promoter said was, will be in touch and they never did, Guy was gutted and then eventually lost all aspirations, such a shame man! he played for all this time and was told to Piss off jus like that, he knew n I knew that he wiped the floor with em, they didnt like it and knew there jobs were under fire,djs and promoter were very good friends, its not what ya know, its who ya know
that Easty mate is probably why I am passionate with regards to this thread, cos this guy could have been up there and I know it. I buzzed off this guys wellfare,and determination to make it
Respect to ya matey for playing for free, more people like you and the world would be a better place

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
shes made the most of the opportunities that have come her way. Fair play to her:thumbsup:

No she didn't - 4 years ago she was a presenting a daily breakfast show on national TV (Rise CH4)

She fucked it

Dj spots are the bottom rung of the celebrity ladder

At the end of the day she puts bums on seats - thats all that counts ££££££

Sonic92

VIP Gold Member
Apr 14, 2005
The Vault
It is the bottom rung of the celebrity ladder, its the equivalent of Reg Holdsworth comin to open your local Spar! - the only reason people turn up is to see the so called celeb - Shes the last person id want to see either for her DJin skills or the style of music she plays - fact is she has tried everything possible to stay in the public eye in order to make a few quid since BB - we wouldnt even be having this conversation if Johnathon Woodgate hadn't given her the elbow, she certainly wasnt interested in becoming a DJ whilst she had access to his credit cards, we'd probably be talkin about her on that shite new Wags Boutique programme!!!!! :mad:

Anyway good luck to her and to anyone who pays money to see her play! :S