DJ Block....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dreamgirl

Feb 16, 2004
Peoples Republic Of Liverpool
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and its not just me being a pleb.... somedays everything just seems to fall into place when mixing - the tunes at hand just go together but today Ive tried for (unknowingly) 3 hours to try and mix a tune into Mental Overdrive - Invasion... to no avail :(

What tunes have you got that you love but you cant play because you cant get an even semi decent mix with them

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
I have found out it is down to my working enviroment.... when my 'studio :p ' is in a right mess i.e records, paper, cd's, beer cans etc etc everywhere and there is not even a square inch of floorspace to stand on without treading on something.....my mixing is shite.... clean the room and mixing improves 100x and the music sounds clearer as it has no crap in the way absorbing it....

Records I find difficult to mix..........hmmm always seem to fuck up mixing Nexus 21 - Real Love..can never keep that bugger in at the start as I found out the other night.

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
brixtonite said:
1> Father Abraham & The Smurfs - The Smurf Song"

2> Cybersonik - Technarchy

However hard I try, I just can't get em to blend...

Try pitching The Smurf Song up a bit...... I have found that works well, also dropping the 'whistle while you work' acca from Snow White works wonders with this track..... :thumbsup:

Tim Acid said:
Try pitching The Smurf Song up a bit...... I have found that works well, also dropping the 'whistle while you work' acca from Snow White works wonders with this track..... :thumbsup:

Cheers pal - works well - reckon I need some MK5s with that +16 option.

Yeah, that Snow White whistlepella works wonders, but the producer didn't quantize the track, so it's out a little - bit like Strings of Life...

See you at Hazy ;o)

T.

(wonder why smileys don't work at work - hmmmmm?)

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I agree that a Tidy errm 'studio' (re bedroom type spare room type gaff) does help!

Its when you have a five or six year block to start to worry! :|

Dream Frequency tracks I always find hard to mix :S (apart from goodtimes,the dream and mighty real lol).

Sirius.