dilema

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Recca

Jan 7, 2002
Manchester
right peeps i need ur wisdom, im at a mates wedding on Saturday and aint sure what to wear, I have a 3 piece suit but have never wore the waist coat, (it feels kinda funny), but my mrs wants me to wear it coz she thinks it looks better, do i..... give in and bow to the superior :mad: or stand my ground and banish the waist coat to the hanger for another year???

what do u think...

Recca

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
yerv bought the waistcoat so might as well wear it mate

some of em look alright with em but some look a bit shit....

try using the old mirror before deciding ;)

if it looks shit & u feel like a penguin bin it :thumbsup:

if it looks suave like sean connery and u feel like james bond leave it on....your laughing and urs mrs is happy as well which means a quiet life for ya (well 5 mins peace anyways) :thumbsup:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Dont wear the waistcoat. Its a MATES wedding so it mite not b as formal as it would if it were family n they probly wont expect u to dress like a toff. C wot all ur uva mates r wearing n how formally theyre dressing n then decide. Im only sayin this coz i went 2 a mates wedding a couple of weeks ago really dressed up smart, showing no skin whatsoever, got there n felt like a rite twat, especially at the afterparty coz every1 was jst pissed up n dressed comfortabley, still smartly obviously but not OTT, which a waistcoat might be, n remember,its a wedding so theyl b catching it all on video so ull never live it down if u look silly...

Quey

Aug 21, 2002
manchester
www.timelessoldskool.com
Ditch the waistcoat Rexy!!

1) You dont feel right wearing it so you will be walking around doing this all day :$

2) Everyone else will be doing this :eek:

3) And this is now a personal battle with your Mrs and you need to show her whos boss!!

Or on the other hand you could wear it, then show us all the pictures so we can have a good laugh! :mad:

cat

recca m8

ONLY wear the waistcoat if its paisley, borrow butties tassels and go commando like steh suggests on the bottom half!!!! lol will deff pay for a look see at the pikkies m8!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

go 4 comfort AND confidence m8, you could ask advice all day long, but only u will know what feels right on the day!!
ps ALWAYS please the missus!! and have a sulk free day!!! lol

cat

recca

all you have to do is wear it with pride m8!!! !!!!! lol

Attachments

• waistcoats.jpg
    waistcoats.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 91

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
Ye mate the full 3 bit :)

It looks better on the vid when your wasted and looking a total twt when you got your 3 bit suit on matey :)

plus if you are lucky enough and your misses doesnt notice you getting to the barfing stage, if you do yack, you only get it on the waisty not yer shirt ;)

Recca

Jan 7, 2002
Manchester
Hmmmm not decided yet what to wear, swinging towards the waist coat though...some sound advice from u lot, knew ud help me out....especially butty and ste h, knew i could count on u guys to come up trumps lol

Our kid has got the same fluckin suit so will prolly wait and c what hes wearin now, but think the frog meister is on to a winner:D
wear it for the church (keeps the missus happy;) , ditch it for the evenin and:party:

hope she turns up:S the guy shes marryin looks like the guy from the office..(cant remember his name) no not the geeky one, the boss ... we'll wait and see what happens...hope no one objects to the vows...that would be horrible wouldnt it, and if it was the best man who voiced his disapproval because of his 2 year affair with the bride to be ....god imagine that, that would be tragic coz the best man is the gooms brother....feck hope that dont happen:S and if that happens no one will notice or remember if i looked a tw*t in a waist coat.....

Recca

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
LMAO

Recca said:
Hmmmm not decided yet what to wear, swinging towards the waist coat though...some sound advice from u lot, knew ud help me out....especially butty and ste h, knew i could count on u guys to come up trumps lol

Our kid has got the same fluckin suit so will prolly wait and c what hes wearin now, but think the frog meister is on to a winner:D
wear it for the church (keeps the missus happy;) , ditch it for the evenin and:party:

hope she turns up:S the guy shes marryin looks like the guy from the office..(cant remember his name) no not the geeky one, the boss ... we'll wait and see what happens...hope no one objects to the vows...that would be horrible wouldnt it, and if it was the best man who voiced his disapproval because of his 2 year affair with the bride to be ....god imagine that, that would be tragic coz the best man is the gooms brother....feck hope that dont happen:S and if that happens no one will notice or remember if i looked a tw*t in a waist coat.....

Recca