diggin in the crates of time gone by...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
staying at me ma's at the mo cos a relative is in hospital. my spare time is spent listening to a bunch of records I left there years ago. some of this stuff ain't been heard by my ears in all that time. I'm like a kid in candy store. totally buzzing off hearing these tunes again. lost my mojo for a while but it's back now. seriously need to get on osa radio and make my debut. mixing will be shite but I'll more than make up for it with enthusiasm and selections. :thumbsup:

there hasn't been any decks here for yonks so I took a punt on an old philips music centre for £20 and it works a treat. also makes me listen to a record the whole way through cos you can't mix out of it. lol

gwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philips_22gf808_22_gf_80.html

Last edited:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
\o/ Pukka man...grab yourself a nice slot and make it a reg thing, doesn't matter if you miss it from time to time but more important to get another thang goin' on ...Wednesdays is totally free after Greg and he always puts in a quality performance... others will follow...me included deffo \0/
A show of choonages with a relaxed take on the mix is deffo whats needed in my opp...I'm bored of hearing everybody playing like a mix tape, it's detracting from the enjoyment factor unless you got something to say...and if you have got something to say then some commentary on the mic would be trick...producers, labels, mix info and chat...this is a radio station isn't it? or is it Mixcrate Live?
Listening fiqures could be much higher if more interaction was taking place, lol..I'm set up with a mic now, and webcam...EVEN THO I LOOK OLD AND SOUND LIKE A YAMYAM CNUT...I'm up for a laff and regularly see listening figures on other, lesser equiped station, soar way past what OSA gets, cos they have a broader take on the entertainment factor.
I have been playing scince '91...clubs/events scince '92...I don't give a fk if people think I can or can't mix like who or whatever...cos I can and did..1st generation Old school Affiliate scince '89...lol...so, armed with all that info gathered and experience, I'm sure I can throw a handfull of well co-ordinated comments in whilst doing a drop'n fade inbetween a tunefull blend or 2...and if I can, fkn Jasper Bastard Carrot Hill...anybody can.

dodgymix

\o/ Pukka man...grab yourself a nice slot and make it a reg thing, doesn't matter if you miss it from time to time but more important to get another thang goin' on ...Wednesdays is totally free after Greg and he always puts in a quality performance... others will follow...me included deffo \0/
A show of choonages with a relaxed take on the mix is deffo whats needed in my opp...I'm bored of hearing everybody playing like a mix tape, it's detracting from the enjoyment factor unless you got something to say...and if you have got something to say then some commentary on the mic would be trick...producers, labels, mix info and chat...this is a radio station isn't it? or is it Mixcrate Live?
Listening fiqures could be much higher if more interaction was taking place, lol..I'm set up with a mic now, and webcam...EVEN THO I LOOK OLD AND SOUND LIKE A YAMYAM CNUT...I'm up for a laff and regularly see listening figures on other, lesser equiped station, soar way past what OSA gets, cos they have a broader take on the entertainment factor.
I have been playing scince '91...clubs/events scince '92...I don't give a fk if people think I can or can't mix like who or whatever...cos I can and did..1st generation Old school Affiliate scince '89...lol...so, armed with all that info gathered and experience, I'm sure I can throw a handfull of well co-ordinated comments in whilst doing a drop'n fade inbetween a tunefull blend or 2...and if I can, fkn Jasper Bastard Carrot Hill...anybody can.

Tell me about it

I've got 10,000 records in the back room of my mums + decks

Not lived with them for 10 years

Finally found a house big enough for a whole record / play room for me where the wife's quiet happy for me to inhabit

Not moved them yet but seriously excited

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Get on it bro...was a similar story for me...10 years away from it all, been bloody great getting back into the swing of things, and the scene in general needs as much help as is poss...unite don't fight \0/

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
I won't tread on your feet lad. I'll find somewhere in the schedule. wouldn't mind resurrecting the sunday 80's boogie show as well after it's one and only appearance with jiglo. that is if it's alright with jiglo...:confused: