Desperately seeking..........

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Cartridges. Basically I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get hold of some new turntable cartridges from the Blackburn, Preston, Bolton, Burnley type area, even as far as Blackpool / Manchester. The thing is though it's Boxing day so some smaller places like Audiotec in Darwen will be closed.

Just as long as they are suitable for mixing use - a bit of scratching bascially - any that can fit a headshell would do (or the ones that just screw straight in - your long nose jobs basically).

I've found these in Maplin but I don't know if these needles are suitable for going both ways :condom:

Ceramic Stereo Cartridge (BSR SC12H) : Cartridges, Stylii & Drive Belts : Maplin Electronics

On the site someone has asked if these cartridges are suitable for the Numark TT1650, which is clearly a DJ deck, and they've said they are, but on the spec it doesn't mention any S or E type shiz, so I don't know.

Basically I'm none too technical on this subject, therefore any help appreciated :axe:

Last but not least, a very happy Chrimbo one and all - I hope you are having a great time so far :thumbsup: