Desert Island Discs

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

JayTee

Feb 12, 2007
Warrington
Right then, this morning I`ve come over all Sue Lawley (OO-ER :| just realised wot Ive typed,lol)

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway - here`s the deal, you`re dropped on a desert island, with only food, suntan cream, a large carton of Playboys finest & a single solitary SL2. Your allowed one and only one album from any genre to play on it - wot would you take?

Mine would be (& Im straying a tad away from the dance scene for this one!)- Appalachian Spring by Aaron Copeland - for me the most completley gorgeous piece of music ever written.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
jeez this is difficult :|

B0000793ZC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

prolly one of my fave albumns of all time and can never tire of listening to it phones:

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

The Wall was very tempting and so was a few others by Floyd, shame it we aint aloud to slip a couple of others in 1 sleeve without anyone noticing :(

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
:S I'd be talking to Wilson within a month with just the one album :crazy:

Fave 3 albums are probably:

Joni Mitchell - Hissing Of Summer Lawns
The Smiths - Hatfull of Hollow
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Not sure I could handle Dark Side for eternity, probably drive me mad lol

Hissing is a cheery album with ace vividly descriptive lyrics, she's a real artist of drawing pictures with words (as she is an artist of paintings):cool:

Hatful is kinda mixed - happy and sad, but Morrissey's another artist of words like Joni Mitchell

Arghh..............

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Tough call, but it'd be between these two for me..

Amorphous Androgynous - Tales Of Ephidrina

or

Depeche Mode - Ultra

Both of which sound better off vinyl, CD is far too metalic and tinny sounding

etech

Apr 25, 2006
Sunny side of Birmingham
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

The Wall was very tempting and so was a few others by Floyd, shame it we aint aloud to slip a couple of others in 1 sleeve without anyone noticing :(

Atom Heart Mother is pure tripping shit. Was my soundtrack for going to sleep at night for a few months, years & years ago. A journey though life, with all its ups & downs, set to music. Beautiful & scarey at the same time.

I'd take Wish You Were Here & would smuggle Dark Side of the Moon

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
Atom Heart Mother is pure tripping shit. Was my soundtrack for going to sleep at night for a few months, years & years ago. A journey though life, with all its ups & downs, set to music. Beautiful & scarey at the same time.

I'd take Wish You Were Here & would smuggle Dark Side of the Moon

Yes mate and Animals :thumbsup:

djpileup

Jun 11, 2007
Scotland
My parents had this LP and i used to play it more than them! This album probably started of my love of music :band: Always loved this when i was young and still do. If im at work and one of the songs comes on the radio, you gotta do the old bit air guitar eh? No really it's the law! :D
One of me mates had an accident when he was younger and got badly burned and he told me what got him thru it was listening to this album when he was in the hospital. I reckon it's great when people can produce music that inspires others
Queen_GreatestHits.jpg

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Impossible choice:$

Could be any of the following:

Pink Floyd - darkside of the moon

Anything by Eric Clapton

The Isness by FSOL

Dazed & Confused soundtrack (both albums)

The Beatles - Abbey Road

The 1st two albums by Placebo

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon collie and the infinite sadness