Decks

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
i think its just a technics thing .. but i wouldnt know as i aint ever had owt but technics like .. but for anyione that dont know and want s to ere it is

all ya do is take the top plate off .. then screw off the metal cover ( tryin not to lose any of the tiny screws !! lol ) youll fins two round blue small circle dial type thingys on the right hand side of the deck .. with an arrow on both .. one of these is for yr brake and one for yr pitch ... ( the pitch is normally the lowest one as you look down on to it ) just mark were the arrow is ( so if you wanna put em back to how they were you can . them just turn it all the way round till to the right .... and HEY PRESTO you got +16 pitch !!! easy as that .....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
In all the reviews the Technics faired worse on build and specification than simliar priced rivals (or as it happens now due to a price drop less priced rivals!). The only thing that the Technics had in their favour was if you are going to play in a club then chances are it would be on Technics so it's better that you're used to these. The Numark TTX1 was the one that came out top - but since then Vestax have brought out even better decks. These are the boys who are pushing forward the innovations and new features.

Did anyone see the film "Scratch" late last night on C4? I only realised it was on near the end myself which was annoying because it's a f*ckin top film charting the history of the hip hop DJ / turntablist. Anyway on that film, DMC Technics championships aside, many of the top, top DJ's were using Vestax's - for example Mixmaster Mike, Q-Bert - who are possibly the best DJ's ever! I also noticed when Moby played at Glastonbury this year the DJ providing the scratching was using Vestax's. Vestax's and suchlike are slowly being used by those in the serious know. Technics position as the top deck has been so long and successful though that it's a serious hurdle to overcome in changing people's perceptions. Don't forget the Technics is a pretty much a 20 year old unchanged design - the Turntablist just wasn't around then.

Don't be a sheep - buy something better than a Technics!

SteShaw(Swish)

Sep 16, 2003
the straight tone arm str8 100`s statons are the bollocks , ive ad them and the technics , sold the 1210`s cos they just looked pooh in me room , gay reason that in it , but all me room was silver and needed some upto date gadget colours , but got the vestax pdx2000 first ,and they where quality , just the only prob is the actual platter feels 2 much of a pull ,

but the stanton str8 100`s straight tone arm are the bollocks ,
but they are gone now and im thinking of getting some 1200`s (30 percent) or vestax again , (70 percent possibility) fook knows ,
im thinkin vestax cos of straight tone arm ,,,, they got be the Dons anyway if q bert lets them sponsor him and he turns down sponsors of other turntables , my m8s a tech head and hes a turntablist and he actually love the stanton str8 100`s sayin more possibilities on techniques for scratching , you dont need to try as hard as you would on techs , with it bein straight tone arm , and Totally NONE SKIPPIN

yeah scratch ,,, gutted ,, i got the dvd of that for 15 notes now its out on the tele ,

but they actually did miss a lot out of the tv version ,
wats next they gonna put beat street and breakdance on tele and devoe me more ,

Last edited:

ste30

Aug 31, 2001
Warrington
onthetic said:
Ste, I picked up a brand new set of Technics 1210's MK 2 for £600 last year.

I bought them online from www.prcdirect.co.uk. I had a look on their site there, they are now £630.

I would save up the money mate, well worth it. If not mate, I'll sell you a set of Soundlab DLP1R Decks (Belt Drive) for £100.
They are in top class condition, boxed up.

Tony.

k what else will i need to buy apart from them?
also whats the diff between belt drive n direct drive?

Noz

Registered Member
Aug 1, 2003
sexipussi's moist warm hole
Had about 4 pairs of technics over the years but have to say that ive also owned a pair of vestax pdx 2000's and i think that they are a much better all round turntable.

PS

Ive got a pair of stanton's you can have for 150-200 quid. Direct drive & i live near you, how bout that.

ZENZEN

Jun 13, 2002
Northern Ireland
www.coachniteclub.com
Hi mate, if I was you I would save up a little more and go for the Technics. You'll end up paying whaever amount for a set of turntables and then further down the line you are going to want to upgrade them anyhow. I think you would be better holding out until you have the cash.
I have used belt drive decks and direct drive decks and ended up saving like mad. Now I've Mk3's and I would'nt change them for the world mate.
Out of loads of turntables I have played on, Technics are without number one in my eyes.

Keep checking eBay or your local papers, you may get a bargin of someone.
A set on eBay

Goodluck with whatever you decide on buying! ;)