Dance Music Heads At Work........

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
Again, a bit of a random one this, but how mint is it when someone starts working at your work and they know the script about music and clubbing?

A fella has started at our place a couple of weeks back and after him clocking me buying shitloads of vinyl off the bay and listening to OSA radio, we got chatting about music and clubbing and that.
It turns out he DJ's and has given me a Chicago/Acid mix he's done.

(I'm listening to the mix now and it's class. :thumbsup: )

Anyone else got chatting to a workmate about the pros and cons of Final Scratch over a brew break? phones:

Last edited:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Was talking to someone at work about Evo and my boss came over to ask about it as she used to go the Hacienda loads back in the late 80's, she came along to the last one and loved it :D

I, of course behaved myself like and just stuck to the booze that night :pixie:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
At my old company I clicked loads with a girl there and we used to go out on mad clubbing sessions practically every weekend, on holiday etc.. it was ace! She was my superior too which was a little weird :fekked:
Also, it was kinda nice to have someone to share the pain and suffering with you on the harsh Mondays too, at least you know you're not alone , and you can help carry eachother through :D
Strangely enough she later ended up leaving and joining the police force :eek: :cops: :axe:

It is quite nice to think that as youre there 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, theres someone you can have a proper natter with who knows the score, rather than these type of colleagues you wouldnt normally associate with if it wasnt for you working at the same place. In general though, I much prefer not to mix business and pleasure :naughty:

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Oh and I once bumped into a colleague at a hardhouse night!! :eek: (I was only there for a flying visit as my mate was DJing so nipped in to see him, honest) :p
I knew she'd said she went to such nights, but we'd never really took the conversation any further if you know what I mean. Both our faces must've been a picture when we spotted eachother though, hers more so as she looked a bit worse for wear and after a brief hello she scuttled off asap :D

I was ok... it was a quick trip to that club at beginning of our night, then I went to the club over the road and got trashed myself :D

I keep my private life to myself work-wise usually :)

chemayne

Dec 22, 2005
near a tip
all my work collegues are either into britney spears or metallica and their idea of clubbing is going to piccadilly 21's/jilly's :rolleyes:

mind you at least they'd never be presemt when i'm :fekked:

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
Actually, thinking back, I remember bumping into a lad I worked with in Bowlers one night a fews years ago, I let on as you do, with a casual "alright, mate" and he was stood there, sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market, top off, eyes like saucers going: "wooooooooooooooooaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, no way are you here man, that's fucking mad that is, I work with ya yeah, and you're here, fucking mad, mint as though mate, mint as...."

Needless to say I walked away from him......

Last edited:

Presuming Ed

When I started work on a pipeline in Hull in 2002, a guy on my crew was from pontefract, who used to go to basics from the very beginning and was mates with alot of the people involved in the club. Being my favourite club in Leeds at the time, a few top nights resulted. Ended up making some good mates as a result. Ed:D

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Actually, thinking back, I remember bumping into a lad I worked with in Bowlers one night a fews years ago, I let on as you do, with a casual "alright, mate" and he was stood there, sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market, top off, eyes like saucers going: "wooooooooooooooooaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, no way are you here man, that's fucking mad that is, I work with ya yeah, and you're here, fucking mad, mint as though mate, mint as...."

Needless to say I walked away from him......

Lmao :rofl:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
When i got me first job as an apprentice joiner (didnt last long btw :$ )

I was going to bowlers at the time , anyways my foreman at where i worked was Sy69 lol :ghost:

Bumped into him at bowlers lol but it was all cool and the gang :cool:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
When I worked at toni and guy, everyone went out at the weekend and got trashed so it wasn't really a big deal and people knew the score. It's not the same office environment either and loads of people are wuite good mates and stuff. Lots of them were into funky house and the like but I used to cpeak to this one girl who was into old skool and was dead keen on comin to timeless but it's on a friday and I doubt she'll ever be able to make it having work on a saturday. She's not as hardcore as me. ONE HOUR SLEEP and I still managed to function and look half decent at work! Get in...... I'd only ever do that if I absolutely had to now tho! :D

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
I work with a big bunch of either menopausal old women or grumpy miserable blokes :| so needless to say i keep my extra curriculars to myself ;) although one of the ladies who will be about 42 now surprised the hell out me by bringing me one of her fave tapes to listen too - a lot of shite on there but also some good tunes ;) just didnt put her down as the type lol ;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Quite a few of my workmates are part of my old crew anyway, so they all lived the same nights as me. In fact it was through some of my workmates at my firm that I got into this scene anyway:thumbsup: :D