Crimbo din dins

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Where are you having Christmas dinner this year? Who's cooking and do you have any traditions?

Me and Si are going to my mum and dads. Dads cooking and he ALWAYS gets one of those turkey crowns from M&S with the chestnut stuffing:love:
We always have those little sausages wrapped in bacon:D a prawn cocktail for starters and a christmas pud..its been that way for years and I love it:D

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
We always have Christmas dinner at home - and we never have guests really - there's no reason for that it's just all the people we know seem to do kind of their own thing for dinner.

After opening presents, morning starts off with champagne and smoked salmon :king: Then a walk to my dad's, then back to cook our Christmas dinner. We're having Goose this year for the first time - a wild one from a bloke we know who shoots em. I think we had beef last year and duck the two years before that. Personally I'm not mad keen on turkey - I think it was having to eat and eat it as leftovers after Christmas as a kid.

Always, always have sausages in bacon (pigs in blankets) though whatever the meat - that's a biggy in our house. We bought em last weekend in fact and put em in the freezer because Amelie was paranoid that they might run out :condom:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Ill be cooking dinner as always for my lot, think im going to get a nice ham joint and baste with honey and cloves :love: im the same jonno not mad on turkey myself :$ always do sausage wrapped in bacon but full size lol :p

got my xmas pudding last yr so its nicely matured with some of that lovely brandy cream from m & s... but im looking forward to xmas day night this yr as im gonna be seeing my extended family in bod n bernie for presie swapping and fun n games :love:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
My god yeah those sausage and bacon rolls are orgasmic.

We always go to my aunties house for xmas dinner, she's like mother earth, she has lots of her friends over as well, particularly the ones that don't have much family etc, takes them all in and dishes out the good food and wine and its always a beautiful day full of laughter. My family are also gay and sing around the piano...i'm usually the one hiding behind the video cam..:condom:

edited to say: I also love stopping off at eddys on xmas day, such a big happy family, always has a lavish but cosy vibe with absolutely loads of food...ahhh this thread is making me feel the warmth lol. geek.

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Christmas dinner is mint as fark :cool: :icecream:

Just been shopping actually, and bought some chestnuts, and pigs in blankets :love:
Been drinking loadsa Advocaat lately too, top drink to blame on the festive season ;) :D

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
Christmas dinner is mint as fark :cool: :icecream:

Just been shopping actually, and bought some chestnuts, and pigs in blankets :love:
Been drinking loadsa Advocaat lately too, top drink to blame on the festive season ;) :D

Tc is that that grim looking yellow stuff.. just the look of it turns me stomach:naughty:

Looking forward to christmas this year..
Finally flown the coop and am spending it with Ste and Kam:love:

Think weve decided on lamb or pork or we might get get wrecked and get a Partrrrrrrtttyyy for a fiver from iceland :thumbsup: bus jokin lol:D

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
Breaking tradition this year and eating out,only because my kitchens not been fitted and im also back from work xmas eve morning so i doubt id have been bothered with the fuss anyway,£33 a head aint to bad i suppose for 4 courses and seeing its only me and She' wont skint me too much

tag:wave: :) ;)

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Pigs in blankets...

Can you call sausage rolls 'pigs in blankets' or is it only when said sausage is wrapped in bacon???

They are gorgeous though..wonder why we wait til Crimbo to buy them, lol? Pigs in blankets and pickles are Crimbo staple foods:D

tricky nicky

Sep 18, 2006
in heaven of course!!
im in work xmas eve on the sleep till 11am on xmas day:(
when ive finished there i will dash home to open pressies with cartouche then its off to mums for the gorgio dinner:love: :love:
no alcohol this year as i dont want baby bean pished!!!
then we have a lazy afternoon before going to my aunties with all my family for fun and frolicks, i love family time:love: :love:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
its always a beautiful day full of laughter.

cosy vibe with absolutely loads of food...ahhh this thread is making me feel the warmth lol. geek.
These snippets are what it's like at buttys at christmas! His family love it. His mum has to have a real tree coz his sister says it's only christmas if you have a real one! :luv:

I'm with Butty this year :love: and we're going over to his Aunty's. His mum will be driving so I can get pished (not shit faced mind, coz I get ultra competitive when the games come out and start being gobby calling people "loser" and such like). :condom: :$ :cool: I'm really looking forward to it. His family get right into it all and it's ace. :luv:

Christmas will be starting on the 23rd this year with a girly Christmas meal, then I'm gona see my Dad Christmas day morning for some breakie (poss Xmas eve night too) and boxing day is a meal with my mum and then party time with butty! :D

I'm finishing the shopping tomorrow and then it's party time!! WOOOOOOOOOO! :) I'm so excited!!!!:king: :king: :king: :king: :love:

x

Duke

im cooking for my mom n dad , we av orderd a fresh turkey from bowketts(famous butcher by me) but will get my dad a t-bone steak cus he hates turkey , they were gonna go out n spend about £80 on 2 meals, we will av to do the family run 1st thing see my aunts, bro's n su's sis , c my nan get bac start cooking , av a prawn cocktail starter, then din dins with loads of pigs in blankets (nah u cant call sausage rolls that name;) )

shud be nice ,, hope u all njoi urs

Duke

These snippets are what it's like at buttys at christmas! His family love it. His mum has to have a real tree coz his sister says it's only christmas if you have a real one! :luv:

I'm with Butty this year :love: and we're going over to his Aunty's. His mum will be driving so I can get pished (not shit faced mind, coz I get ultra competitive when the games come out and start being gobby calling people "loser" and such like). :condom: :$ :cool: I'm really looking forward to it. His family get right into it all and it's ace. :luv:

Christmas will be starting on the 23rd this year with a girly Christmas meal, then I'm gona see my Dad Christmas day morning for some breakie (poss Xmas eve night too) and boxing day is a meal with my mum and then party time with butty! :D

I'm finishing the shopping tomorrow and then it's party time!! WOOOOOOOOOO! :) I'm so excited!!!!:king: :king: :king: :king: :love:

x

u sound just like the wife when it comes to games ,, i refuse to play em with her , i cud black her eye sumtimes lol j/k ,, do u play buzz sonz ? thats the game to get ur dark side out lol