Cream Classics night, Rainbow Warehouse, Digbeth, Brum. 5th March.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
Welcome to Facebook — Log in, sign up or learn more

Not a bad night. It was my mates bday so we werent too fussed, just needed a night out. Never went to Cream bitd the day and had never heard the likes of Park or Rampling live before so was intrigued. The club a little over busy at the start and the sound system in the Warehouse when FJF was on was shocking.. really bad. This is the 3rd time ive been to the Rainbow Warehouse and the accoustics in the main room have been really bad all 3 times. The room you want to head for is the Rainbow Courtyard - the accoustics in here are excellent and it always sounds awesome. We paid £20 for VIP tickets and didnt get anything extra for the privelege. No queue jump, no VIP area - neither the bar staff or the security or door staff knew anything about VIP. Felt ripped off. Even the TicketSellers rep on the door didnt know what they entitled us too.

Farley Jackmaster Funk was ok - a bit of singing along to some of his tracks but as i say the sound was appaling. Next up Danny Rampling - he started with Robert Owens - Ill be your friend so thats a plus for me. Quiet a fast set that sounded ok from where i was. After him Graeme Park who from what i heard sounded ok. I couldnt tell you much about what he played but his mxing was really good as youd expect.

Lights came up at 3:50 which was 10 mins early. Went dwn the road to a place called PLUG which opened at 5.... :thumbsup: Back to hotel for 7:30.