Corry Star makes Rhythm Quest confessions on Radio 2!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Random

May 7, 2004
Hull - officially Britains worst city!
I was flicking thru radio stations on the drive home tonight (4.15ish) and landed briefly on Radio 2 :$ :$ :$ :$ .

Anyhoo, the recently departed Coronation St actress Debra Stephenson was being interviewed and i stayed with it for a minute cos shes from my home town.

Imagine my surprise when the Dj asked her about her music career with the "manchester band Rhythm Quest".

She went on say that she performed PAs at Bowlers etc in the early 90's. And regurlarly earnt around £40 a night.

He asked if they had any big hits and she said "i think closer to all your dreams got to about number 45 - but that wasnt actually my voice on the record (you dont say! :eek: ;) ).

Was a most random thing to here on radio 2 on an idle friday tea time. :mad:

dodgymix

I was flicking thru radio stations on the drive home tonight (4.15ish) and landed briefly on Radio 2 :$ :$ :$ :$ .

Anyhoo, the recently departed Coronation St actress Debra Stephenson was being interviewed and i stayed with it for a minute cos shes from my home town.

Imagine my surprise when the Dj asked her about her music career with the "manchester band Rhythm Quest".

She went on say that she performed PAs at Bowlers etc in the early 90's. And regurlarly earnt around £40 a night.

He asked if they had any big hits and she said "i think closer to all your dreams got to about number 45 - but that wasnt actually my voice on the record (you dont say! :eek: ;) ).

Was a most random thing to here on radio 2 on an idle friday tea time. :mad:

shwe's still making cheesy records...

in the sunshineeeeee

Debra Stephenson :: official website

(it comes up on her webpage)

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
From her web site:

At the age of eighteen, Debra joined a Manchester-based rave band, "Rhythm Quest" as lead singer. She toured with the group in Scotland and the North of England, appearing in clubs like The Tunnel in Glasgow and Bowler's in Manchester. She also featured as lead vocalist on the cult club smash hit "When I get to Heaven" by John Rob's band "Sensuround".

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
She gave me a lovely smile in Manchester a few months back and she's well fitter in the flesh than on tv:thumbsup: :)