Cleaning vinyl

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
IPA is a fully recognised cleaning method and would work out a fraction of the cost of PVA.

For a budget solution, 1 part IPA, 4 part distilled water. Place record on platter, spin at 33rpm brush solution on and hoover off with open nozel with foam microphone cover. The IPA is there to dislodge the dirt which then needs vacuming out.

Whole lot can be put together for less than £5

I get my IPA from IPA Isopropyl Alcohol, Isopropanol- 1 LITRE 99.9% 1L on eBay (end time 02-May-10 11:23:36 BST) and works well

Sorry for the advert, nothing to do with me but a good contact as good stuff and cheap.

s

EZEE

Jan 16, 2007
midlands crew
IPA is a fully recognised cleaning method and would work out a fraction of the cost of PVA.

:S :S :S the PVA that i used works out costing £1.15 per litre when purchased as a £5.77 - 5 litre tub and can be diluted 1 part to 4 part tap water lol. Granted it's not a recognised cleaning method but work well all the same:thumbsup:

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
I just bought myself the Spin-Clean Record Washer system a couple of weeks ago and am so impressed after my first batch of records that i feel the need to share. It might look a bit budget but trust me this thing works, and its a superb alternative to shelling out a bundle for one of those fancy vacuum cleaners.

I've bought plenty 2nd hand tunes over the last few years and I used to clean them by hand using the distilled water/isopropy/dishwashing liquid mix but i've gotta say i've seen a really big improvement using this piece of kit. I'm not gonna tell you that it gets rid of every single pop and click, cause it doesn't, but no questions about the improvement in sound quality. Best addition to my set-up in a long time.

Link below reviewing it so you know what i mean, in case anyone is interested.
Spin-Clean Record Washer Review