Claiming on ebay

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sprewell

Oct 25, 2003
Madchester
How do I go about claming my money back on eBay? I received last rhythm a few days ago to find it was snapped in half. This was because it wasn’t packaged properly. It was just in a big bubble packet and didn’t have two cardboard pieces either side to secure it.

I sent the seller a message explaining what happened 3 days ago. I also asked for a refund but he has not replied and I don’t think he will.

What is the next step I have to do? I did pay with paypal.

I’m clueless on this as i have fortunately never had this problem on eBay.

Thanks

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
lol

Sprewell said:
How do I go about claming my money back on eBay? I received last rhythm a few days ago to find it was snapped in half. This was because it wasn’t packaged properly. It was just in a big bubble packet and didn’t have two cardboard pieces either side to secure it.

I sent the seller a message explaining what happened 3 days ago. I also asked for a refund but he has not replied and I don’t think he will.

What is the next step I have to do? I did pay with paypal.

I’m clueless on this as i have fortunately never had this problem on eBay.

Thanks

good luck!!!
You need to file a dispute on paypal with the ebay listing number. I am still waiting for $350 owed to me from nearly a month ago. Good olde paypal. Quick to take your money not very quick to give it back

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
go in to the dispute bit and open and dispute for the item put yer id number in and stuff like that .
or http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/purchase-protection.html and that should tell you wot to do and get yer money back .
i once got jazz and the brothers Grimm and that was snapped in two
so i e mailed em and we agreed on i got half my money back witch i think was fair .they sead it was Royal mail .
once bort eve gallager off e bay never got it and when i put a clame in they had empty ther account
of all ther money :mad:

dodgymix

Good luck

paypal pay out but don't cover the first £25 of the transaction (ie most of the items bought on ebay) So unless you paid over £25 you won't get a penny.

If the seller won't respond you've probably lost out, just give him negative feedback...

pi55 me off when they post them without cardboard stiffeners.

bet he charged you loads for postage as well the tWVt

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
I bought a Dreamscape 1 the video (paid £55) when I received it FAKE as you like, took two months via Paypal disputes but got every penny back, the system does work. Follow it through and be patient.

Charlie

Jun 16, 2003
Carlisle
www.myspace.com
dodgymix said:
Good luck

paypal pay out but don't cover the first £25 of the transaction (ie most of the items bought on ebay) So unless you paid over £25 you won't get a penny.

If the seller won't respond you've probably lost out, just give him negative feedback...

pi55 me off when they post them without cardboard stiffeners.

bet he charged you loads for postage as well the tWVt

Has there policy just changed ?
I've had 3 or 4 things not turn up, all paid via paypal & all fully refunded. Non of them was worth more than a tenner but it was the principle.

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
Charlie said:
Has there policy just changed ?
I've had 3 or 4 things not turn up, all paid via paypal & all fully refunded. Non of them was worth more than a tenner but it was the principle.

Who paid you back though? the seller or paypal? ive been stung a few times, and only managed got paypal to credit me back the once (and that was only part payment of about £3 from a £15 12" bought that never arrived).

In one instance i paid out over £2k for some work-related project, and when they never arrived ,the seller said his shop had been robbed and was therefore skint. I explained to him that the thief didnt rob his paypal account and wanted my money back! in the end he disappeared,. When i claimed I got informed by paypal that as he wasnt a 'verified' paypal account holder, they werent liable to pay out. :moonie:

Luckily my credit card company paid out, so nothin lost, but it shows the transparency in paypal's promotional claim that it is safe to buy throguh them. Pisses me off to think of the amount of money they make from doing nothing! :mad:

Charlie

Jun 16, 2003
Carlisle
www.myspace.com
anthonyf218 said:
Who paid you back though? the seller or paypal? ive been stung a few times, and only managed got paypal to credit me back the once (and that was only part payment of about £3 from a £15 12" bought that never arrived).

In one instance i paid out over £2k for some work-related project, and when they never arrived ,the seller said his shop had been robbed and was therefore skint. I explained to him that the thief didnt rob his paypal account and wanted my money back! in the end he disappeared,. When i claimed I got informed by paypal that as he wasnt a 'verified' paypal account holder, they werent liable to pay out. :moonie:

Luckily my credit card company paid out, so nothin lost, but it shows the transparency in paypal's promotional claim that it is safe to buy throguh them. Pisses me off to think of the amount of money they make from doing nothing! :mad:

Ah right maybe I was fortunate enough to be refunded by the seller on every occasion.