chris + james........any questions?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

daygo

Jan 31, 2006
brighton
stores.ebay.co.uk
Hello to one and all..:wave: ............I was pointed in the direction of your splendid site by a friend who thought it may be of some interest if i popped on and said hello.
I've had a trawl through the back threads and rather than answer any specific threads it's probably easier to just start a new one and you can throw some questions my way - I'll try and answer as much as possible, as I know there are loads of people out there who would love to get the inside track on 90's clubbing from someone who was right at the centre of it.phones: :king:

Fire away trainspotters !

DAYGO .........aka Chris from Chris and James

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
Welcome to the board :thumbsup:

:wave:

One of my all time favourite remixes is your DMC version of Chris Rea's "Josephine" - absolutely superb....I've played it at Hazydayz and at Evolution and its always had a fantastic reaction :thumbsup: :thumbsup: phones:

Whats been some of your favourite mixes/productions by C&J?

Mart
:rolleyes:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Welcome aboard m8ty........wow!! love your work but dont ask me to trainspot cus im jus no good at that :rofl:

recall one particular tune ya did yrs ago that tongy used to hammer on the essential mix doh but do i know the name......no hahaha :$ bloomin loved it......:thumbsup: ill find out tho i kept the tape (yeah before the days of cd lol) :wave:

deb :wave:

is this thurston doin his osa promotions round down in brighton lol ;)

daygo

Jan 31, 2006
brighton
stores.ebay.co.uk
Yeah the Josephine mix is a nice one. Favourite production is probably 'Ying and Yang' whcih was the flip of 'Fox Force Five' and a mad deep proggy thing, favourite mix from a musical point of view was the Spirits 'don't bring me down' which never got a release, although it ended up on a DMC issue i think.
I was also responsible for all the Delorme mixes / productions, and the River Ocean DMC mix was a killer!

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
You knows it, treacle!

Counting down to Saturday... The big 4-0!

The party is all sorted - The Glasshouse nightclub Godalming,Surrey.

J10/M25 - A3 to Godalming

Five DJs. Two floors. Downstairs - funk, O/S hip hop, breaks etc.
Upstairs - O/S and funkin house.
Five DJs at the mo.
8 to v-late. Free to get in. All welcome.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Fallout said:
You knows it, treacle!

Counting down to Saturday... The big 4-0!

The party is all sorted - The Glasshouse nightclub Godalming,Surrey.

J10/M25 - A3 to Godalming

Five DJs. Two floors. Downstairs - funk, O/S hip hop, breaks etc.
Upstairs - O/S and funkin house.
Five DJs at the mo.
8 to v-late. Free to get in. All welcome.

well ill run it by din dan and gis ya a bell later cherub...be fab to spend yer 40th with u hun :wave:

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
Anyone is welcome - it'll be a full-blown throwdown.
All you need is the password at the door. And that is PRAM*.

* Not really, just say you are with Ivan's do. All is sorted.

E

easty

ste huxley said:
I have a question as well on one of your tunes but I'll PM you:)

No ste thats not on lol, put it in public;)

Welcome fella, of the top of my head the fpi project of everybody is my favourite. I don't know why it does'nt get played more than it does as it's rockin:thumbsup:

daygo

Jan 31, 2006
brighton
stores.ebay.co.uk
easty said:
No ste thats not on lol, put it in public;)

Welcome fella, of the top of my head the fpi project of everybody is my favourite. I don't know why it does'nt get played more than it does as it's rockin:thumbsup:

Funny you should say that because we thought that at the time! I'm pretty sure that was the last ever Chris + James remix.

Steve , feel free to PM me or ask on the forum.....like I said I'll try and be as helpful as I can.

Just to add to all the interesting threads on rare tunes, the one it took me 6 years to get was the Levan mixes of Dj H 'Come on boy'........still an all time favourite that!

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
daygo said:
The Levan mixes of Dj H 'Come on boy'........still an all time favourite that!

Wadda tune?!
I love the way you love me when you love me!
And that funky bass...

Proper!

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
welcome:thumbsup:
every set i do i probally play at least one of your tracks/remixes reckon my fave has got to your remix of medium high followed by calm down absolute corking records just recently started caning the safe sax mix of calm down again forgot how good it is :cool: :cool: :cool:
how come you gave up production if you dont mind me asking