Childhood memories

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
Iv'e just been chatting at work as ya do and we somehow got onto the subject of being little ... The earliest memory i have was on a day trip to blackpool with my nan:love:, we were due to get back on the coach to see the illuminations and i wasn't allowed coz i was eating fish and chips:crazy:

its a bit random soz .... So whats your first memory as a nipper? :dummy:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
beaker said:
Iv'e just been chatting at work as ya do and we somehow got onto the subject of being little ... The earliest memory i have was on a day trip to blackpool with my nan:love:, we were due to get back on the coach to see the illuminations and i wasn't allowed coz i was eating fish and chips:crazy:

its a bit random soz .... So whats your first memory as a nipper? :dummy:

I remeber eating my tea on my knees and watching Flash Gordon- i must of only been about 2/3 as we lived in this tiny little cottage at Houghton Bottoms and moved out wheni had just turned three. My sister sat down on my Dads tea, as he had left it on the sofa- i just remeber how sad i felt that she was being told off. The Flash Gordon story was quite scary too, about a cave or something.

I have quite a good long-term memory, yet my short-term is terrible. Sometimes i walk into a room and can't remeber what i went in for. Worse, sometimes i phone someone and can't remeber who it is i have rang so its a bit of a suprise when their voice kicks in lol.

chemayne

Dec 22, 2005
near a tip
mine was when i was bout 3/4 i think and watching rainbow and they said that if u flapped ur arms hard enough u cud fly..........so...........

...........i ran into the back garden stood on the top of the wall and flapped my arms, thought i was flying 'til i ended up flat on my face on the floor, had scabs for weeks!! :condom: :condom:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Earliest I can remember is when my dad took me to the new house that we were going to live in, while he sorted a few things out with the then owner. Or it might have been climbing up stairs to see what was happening in the bathroom (in the house I was born in):S

I'd have been about 2 or 3 I think:)

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
No body ever beleives me when i tell them my 1st memory.......:|

I mean its not so much the event i recall as the feeling i had when it happened :S

My christening....6 months old.....i distinctly remember the feeling of fear and uncomfortableness as the vicar poured the water over my head.....almost like i was drowning :( remember that very well :crazy: it was an overwhelming feeling for a child :thumbsup: certainly my earliest memory anyway :p that and scraping my knee and shins running too fast to get to the ice cream van :icecream:

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
My first memory was my dad coming home from a football game totaly pissed up, i remember him being really happy as it was a great game and he put me on his shoulders and ran round the house hehe.

my old fella is my hero, love ya da'

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
Northern Star said:
No body ever beleives me when i tell them my 1st memory.......:|

I mean its not so much the event i recall as the feeling i had when it happened :S

My christening....6 months old.....i distinctly remember the feeling of fear and uncomfortableness as the vicar poured the water over my head.....almost like i was drowning :( remember that very well :crazy: it was an overwhelming feeling for a child :thumbsup: certainly my earliest memory anyway :p that and scraping my knee and shins running too fast to get to the ice cream van :icecream:
I can understand that........my earliest memory is of lying in my big coach built pram looking out at the world i can still remember the pattern of the inside of the hood, the feeling that comes with the memory is lovely, being really warm and feeling really safe and secure!

I can remember my sisters christening so I guess I was just under 2 or summat ?? I remember I got an orange Delorean corgi car from me Nan... or it might've been a Lambie... had butterfly wing doors anyhoos....

I can also remember the mobile above me crib... so that was possibly before me sis's christening... it was toy soldiers btw :D

My long term memory would astound n alarm people... :S But it has given me an idea for a thread :D

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
My mum can remember being a few month old little baby too and her second memory is when her brother was born, who was 18 months younger than her:)

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
I remember cutting my hair in nursery when we were cutting up catalogues, must have been about 3. I remember having the worst national health bins when I was about 4 cos I had a lazy eye and had to have an operation on it in the end. I remem the doc saying count to 10 when hed just adminstered the goto sleepdrug, fkinell Id just learnt to count that far know what I mean lol

I remem when I was about 3 and it was the 1st time I stayed at my grandma n gramps house and I didnt want to get in their car and was brickin it lol but they turned out to be ace grandparents:love:

I only just about remember my name these days:cops: N if Im pissed you have to tell it me lol:king:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
ste huxley said:
I remember cutting my hair in nursery when we were cutting up catalogues, must have been about 3. I remember having the worst national health bins when I was about 4 cos I had a lazy eye and had to have an operation on it in the end. I remem the doc saying count to 10 when hed just adminstered the goto sleepdrug, fkinell Id just learnt to count that far know what I mean lol

I remem when I was about 3 and it was the 1st time I stayed at my grandma n gramps house and I didnt want to get in their car and was brickin it lol but they turned out to be ace grandparents:love:

I only just about remember my name these days:cops: N if Im pissed you have to tell it me lol:king:

Hey snap on the lazy eye front- Jonno had one as well. I had to wear National health glasses too as my mum was broke, mine were sky blue. I had a plaster over my 'good eye' to make the other muscle work harder in the bad eye. I had that for years, just when i got rid of the gigs i got double train track braces, had thoose for 3 bastard years- the braces overlapped with loverly acne lol too. God i was a right stunna me as a kid- many said i should have been a child model:cool: .

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
doin that thing in nursery when u brush ur teeth... and u get stickers. I also remember a girl pukin up honey nut loops in nursery. lol random shit, duno how old i was. Oh, i rememeber my old babysitter, veronica before i was in school. we used to read these mickey mouse books that went in this blue plastic bookcase thingy! mad!!