Child Hairdo's

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Dreamgirl said:
What hairdo where you subjected to as a kid ..... mines was a bowl head....

I cried for weeks when my mum took me to get me hair cut....

This site might help to refresh your memory

http://homebound.net/mnop.htm ..... loving Jeff Mcallisters lego hairdo ;)

I had a bowl cut once too!!!! It was horrible!! My mum was so cruel!!! It was cos she couldnt be arsed to do my hair & it was easy!!! I was only 3 with a thick black mop bowl cut!!! If thats not child abuse well i dunno what is!!

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
I had a Ed McCubbins:thumbsup:

Wish i had one now, could smuggle loads in there:thumbsup:
McCubbins%20Edward%20McCubbins.jpg

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i always had well long hair with no fringe, used to hate sunday nights before school, me mam trying to tug a comb thru it and then putting it in mahoooooosive plats that looked and felt like rope!!

then bob's were all the go and i wanted a bob, so off we trott to the hairdresers and i had it all cut off...................i cried for weeks:cry:

ive always had long hair since, :he she:

nics said:
i always had well long hair with no fringe, used to hate sunday nights before school, me mam trying to tug a comb thru it and then putting it in mahoooooosive plats that looked and felt like rope!!

then bob's were all the go and i wanted a bob, so off we trott to the hairdresers and i had it all cut off...................i cried for weeks:cry:

ive always had long hair since, :he she:

Yeh I'm the same......my hair used to get well scraggy from playing out.....brushing it was horrid.

I had all my hair cut off.....and now I don't like it short.....it totally trauma'd me!!!!!!

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
mine was always long until i decided i wanted a bob then got it all chopped off. When i was very little i had a bob as well.

Not really traumatized tho, i'll pretty much do owt with mine. Been, short, shorter, long, longer, mid length, natural, darker, blonder. Really doesnt bother me.

Glad i helped SJ get over her phobia of havin her hair cut/changed!! It looks top now babe!!!

xx

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
i always had long hair that my mum used to put in pig tails, but she always put one higher than the other which used to get right on my nerves, my sis always had the most horrible paige boy cut.......until she discovered the beauty of home perms hehe cant think which was the lesser of two evils really!!!! i did post a picture of my flock of seagulls hair dont a while back...:| i defy anyone to try to find the post!!!!( i think armando may have posted it actually, i cant remember!):eek:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Ah I had a bob & a good old cowlick/cawflick whatever you wanna call it too. Deeysaaster!!

Always wanted long hair when I was younger but as I said I was always made to have it all cut off :(

So I make up for it now. I barely trust any hairdressers as they ALWAYS take more off than I say I want & my hair doesn't grow very fast, but that fact always conveniently seems to go in one ear & out the other nomatter how many times I make it clear. All hairdressers on here will hate me for this (sorry sonz - you did a nice job on mine!!) but DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR HAIRDRESSER IF YOU WANT LONG HAIR, THEY ARE ALL SCISSOR HAPPY LOONS OUT TO SNIP SNIP SNIP AWAY UNTIL THERES NOTHING LEFT!! It will just gradually get shorter & shorter if you leave it to them. I don't know many hairdressers with long hair surprisingly enough. They will tell you its because you need about 5inch worth of split ends cut off or whatever, but so what!!!! Maybe I like my split ends better than split nothings!!!

I am now founder of the Hair Extensions R us clan. Hairdressers be warned, we come armed.

Soz for the rant lol:ba:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Lozzie said:
Girls I've worked with Have been doing this for yeeeears! It's almost a cliche! Although I wore mine the other day and my hairdresser mate said she just thought my hair had grown.....so result on not looking completely obvious!!!

Doing what? Hair extensions? What just for extra decor?? Not surprising in that line of work I suppose. That girl I spoke to in your work was intrigued that I did them myself though ?? (The point remains - don't let a hairdresser loose on your locks in the first place & you won't need them!!!)

There has only been a shop that sells the hair in hudds for a few months, which has been a saviour to myself & many of my friends, poor innocent victims of the serial hair massachists :cry:

Miss C said:
There has only been a shop that sells the hair in hudds for a few months, which has been a saviour to myself & many of my friends, poor innocent victims of the serial hair massachists :cry:

There is two in Manc centre, Barbi (who you spoke to) get's her hair off the internet. The first giel I knew was this chick called benita, she started clipping her hair in after she was sick of paying £400 for hairdressers to do it. that was the first time I'd seen it, about 2 years ago.

Your hair is really long anyways Chez!!It's nice, if the glue is recking your hair, be carefull, or you will have to chop it off!:cry:

Not all hairdressers cut your hair too short, I have only ever had problems with the colour tbh, them not quite doing what I wanted. I have walked out of hairdressers gutted by the colour they've sent me wig!

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Lozzie said:
There is two in Manc centre, Barbi (who you spoke to) get's her hair off the internet. The first giel I knew was this chick called benita, she started clipping her hair in after she was sick of paying £400 for hairdressers to do it. that was the first time I'd seen it, about 2 years ago.

Your hair is really long anyways Chez!!It's nice, if the glue is recking your hair, be carefull, or you will have to chop it off!:cry:

Not all hairdressers cut your hair too short, I have only ever had problems with the colour tbh, them not quite doing what I wanted. I have walked out of hairdressers gutted by the colour they've sent me wig!

Yep, the prices for having extensions done professionally are ridiculous, & they fall out just as quickly anyway.

You can get stuff to dissolve the glue properly from the same shop as the extensions so it doesn't wreck your hair when you take them out. Unfortunately I only discovered this recently lol. The clip ones irritated me though, too much faffing about.

Even if my barnet ended up like a birds nest I still wouldn't let the scissor happy crew near it!! For me, only a selected few hairdressers are trustworthy, I had the same one for years that was amazing but she moved away about 6 months ago :cry: & left me & my poor forlorn mop to fend for ourselves.

Speaking of colours - the junior once mixed the wrong bloody colour & the front section of my hair ended up f*king red!!!!!!! They sorted it out though thank god :rolleyes: