Check This Tuneage Out!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

bert4243

Jun 14, 2006
Manchester
Was doing some research into who produced Work For Love by 3 Wise Monkeys, this is the copy i've got.
Three Wise Monkeys - Work 4 Love (12") at Discogs

However when i ran a search on Discogs there is a later release that includes a remix by Friction & Spice and it's also gives away that the 3 Wise Monkeys are Hybrid basically, see link below.
Three Wise Monkeys, The* Meet DJ's Friction & Spice - Work 4 Love (12") at Discogs

Anyhow bought a copy cos i think the tune is mint anyway and started to research what other tunes Friction & Spice have done and came across this beauty which has also now been bought too!
Simply Jeff - 10 - Friction & Spice - Groove Me (Remix).mp3 - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

Check it out peeps i think it's ace, sort of cross between breakbeat with an old skool piano kicking in half way through. Got my thumbs up anyway.

Last edited:

Gav

Feb 6, 2004
London
that work for love remix on cosmic is wicked, I remember buying it in Plastic Fantastic when it came out, I'd heard Lee Burridge play it at the old Gardening Club on a mid week night....top little piano!

Can't open the link to your other recommendation though :(

bert4243

Jun 14, 2006
Manchester
Try link again now Gav, i've sorted it. Fookin belter of a track.:king:

With regards to Work For Love i've never seen it on Plastic Fantastic label, it's not on OGS is it? Plus the remix your commenting on is that the Friction & Spice one? I'm yet ti hear it as bought it on a whym after hearing that 'Groove Me' Remix which you can listen to on that last link i've now fixed.phones:

that work for love remix on cosmic is wicked, I remember buying it in Plastic Fantastic when it came out, I'd heard Lee Burridge play it at the old Gardening Club on a mid week night....top little piano!

Can't open the link to your other recommendation though :(

Gav

Feb 6, 2004
London
I bought it in Plastic Fantastic the shop, not on the label, I got the version you picked up on Cosmic Records.....

Just checked it, yeah nice stuff......its weird, never bothered to follow up any of there other stuff.....I dunno why?! :confused: