Cd Not Playing

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stethomas

Sep 1, 2003
manchester
Hi OSAer's,

I am trying to rip a copied cd to my pc but it just won't detect. I have also tried on my girlfriends laptop but the drive just makes a really loud noice and the disk spins at about a thousand mph.

It doesn't appear to be scratched and only has a few surface marks. Is there anyway I can sort this only it's a cd with my mixing on it from 2001 and I haven't got that of my own recorded mixes?

Thanks everyone,
Ste

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
I've had this a few times and usually a good blast over with silver polish and it sorts em out.

Apparently bananas work quite well also. :thumbsup:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Just out of interest is the disc a cheapo one, the reason i ask is because most cheap discs are not reliable, they tend to break down quite quickly and don't go through as many checks as a more expensive one's therefore they will fail really fast only after a few runs.

I used to copy a lot of dvds and had the same problems, out of a pack of 50 cheap blank discs only 7 where any good:fekked: . So if i wanna burn a DVD or a CD i always make sure i don't use cheap disc's.

Disc's that are of best quality are made in Japan rather than Taiwan or China etc.

Taiyo Yuden DVDs & Taiyo Yuden CDs are the best you can buy IMO

stethomas

Sep 1, 2003
manchester
Thanks

Will give the bananas a try lol and also the silver polish. I remember I guy I know once told me to put them in hot water???

And yes it is / was a cheap cd :( and I lent the original out which was done on a decent cd and never got it back!