Car Boots

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
OK then, what is the best bargain tune you have picked up from a car boot sale (and it's car boots only, no bargain bins, thems the rules.....)

One from me for starters.....

Selector - Move Your Body/50 Hertz - Get Up (Discomagic) for £2 :king: phones: :thumbsup:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I got a clear vinyl "special extended" mix of Herb Alpert - Rotation for 50p.

I had a crazy car boot session a while ago where everyone seemed to have a copy of Chris Rea - Josephine, La Version Francaise. I got 4 copies from 4 separate sellers :axe: Amelie thought I was mad when I bought them all, but who's laughing now (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha).

Had loads and loads over the years but havent been to any for ages.

Must have had thousands but some that spring to mind:

Hooligan X - Flasher £1
Ce Ce Rogers - Someday 30p
Ron Trent - Altered sates 50p
Bocca Jnrs - Raise 50p
PBT - Just 4 U - Free (along with a collection given away by a girl who had split up from her boyfriend and was just happy to see them go :D )
Franschene - Dub e.p. £1.50
Klien & MBO - Dirty talk £1
Zena - On the upside £1
Signed copy of Altern 8 - Vertigo e.p. 50p (Gave it to a mate and didnt notice the signatures :$ )
Blue pearl / Bizarre inc - Passion (WL) 50p
KLF - 1987 £1

dodgymix

I got a Jet wash power sprayer thingy for £8 on sunday and a 10m electrical extension (bugger didn't work and he pretended to be nice knocking a quid off:mad: )

no vinyl oin sunday unless I wanted "the sound of music"

did get a wicked Space style soundtrack vinyl t'other week with the star trek theme on it.

etech

Apr 25, 2006
Sunny side of Birmingham
DNA remix of "Forget Me Nots" - 0.20p
Whitney Accapella - I want to dance with somebody - 0.20p
The Source feat Candi Stanton - You got the love - 0.20p

Shame i had to wade through 1000's of des o'conner lp's to find 'em

£10 for the lot

best ever for me was picking a few classics up for 20p per record in st helens car boot bout 2 years ago ,88-93 stuff like landlord , dee lite wild times mayday mix ect in v.good condition buzzin my tits off then the girl says , "you can take the lot for £10 ":| about 115 records all of the same caliber , me always the haggler said £7 she said £8 i was like ok :D even the crate they was in was worth about £2 :thumbsup: must av been nearly a grands worth of tunes in there , well worth gettin out of bed that sunday :cool:

skillzminster

Sep 18, 2004
The Land Of Luigi
www.myspace.com
Push Button Technology - Just For U (Original P.B.T Purple Stamp) ,I Asked The Women On The Stall (she was in her early 50`s and by deffo looking at her, she never been a ardcore raver) How Much , She said" Just Give Us A Quid, I Was Going To Haggle But Would Have Been Taking The Piss. I took One Look At The Vinyl And It Was In Mint Condish, Never Seen A Needle, That Was The Sale Of The Mutha Fookin Century.:thumbsup:

Last edited: