car booters

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ Bin-Bag

Apr 7, 2003
preston
thought i would post this out of interest,

i am a hardcore car boot sale rave tune finder, does anyone else off here get up regularly on a sunday morn or whatever, often to no avail, but keep lookin for the classics and hopefully get lucky??

in the last few years its getting harder but they still turn up, recently i have acuired:

now thats what i call a bottleg 50p
dilemma - in spirit on x energy 50.p
came outta nowhere p
+ loads more on the same excusion

also i get really irrate when i spot a pile of tunes and someone is already going through them, and start eyeing the geezer up thinkin, whats he lookin for, i hope he aint lookin for old skool.

anyone else like me??? :fekked:

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
I once bought about £600 worth of vinyl from a car boot sale for a "FIVER".

The guy was nearly in tears as i loaded it into my car.

:D

Ah well.

z.

oldskoolfukwit

Mar 5, 2005
liverpool
car bootie

YES I TOO GO THE BOOTY ON SUNDAY DAFT A'CLOCK TO FIND OLDSKOOL TUNES AND ANY OTHER CRAP THAT I DONT REALLY NEED, BUT WHEN UVE BEEN ON ONE ALL WEEKEND THE BOOTY CAN BECOME ALL TOO EXCITING,AND YOU END UP WITH STUFF YOU NEVER DREAMED EXISTED AND YOUR LIFE WOULD NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT SUCH AS A 1 METRE STEEL RULE AND OF COURSE THEM ESSENTIAL 10 LAVA LAMPS U HAVE BOUGHT OVER THE LAST MONTH OF WHICH ONLY 3 WORK PROPERLY. :moonie: :moonie: :moonie: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
i went a car boot for the first time for years to look for tunes one mash up sunday . . came away with 12 recrds for £5 !!! some right beautys too . . . inc mix factory - take me away // felix - it drives me crazy . . uta saints - what you do for me . . . . was well chuffed . . . :)

deffo need to go check out more in the future cos ya never know do ya what ya might find :)

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
Been bootin for years now,when i was in Manchester its was Broadway aerospace car park then aerospace carpark itself in Middleton then to Oldham Market.

Have pulled out loads of Gems as well,Nightwriters NRG remix of let the music use you - 20p for an example,theres loads and they are well worth checking out.I do remember one in particular that was a scout fundraising car boot in a little village.I found this stall and there was a suitcase rammed with unplayed vinyl loads of italian classics that i didnt even know the name off at the time,you buzz like fcuk when ya get them home cos yer dyin to listen to what they are.People dont know what they are worth really so the balls in ya court so to speak.

Another item to look out for at the bootys is 'Now thats what i call music' albums on cd,they have to be early ones.The fisrt ever 1 on cd was now 4,that sells on evil bay for around £300.I got Now 15 and 16 in mint mint condition sold 15 for £38 and 16 for £29 so well worth keeping an eye out when your there

Good luck and keep on bootin!

tag :crazy: :fekked:

dodgymix

its always hit or miss isn't it.

did well last week

got the original "Clint Eastwood a fistful of dollars" soundtrack on 12" for 20p from 1968, got some mad tunes on it. (HTFR will pay £4 for it)

also got

LFO lfo
last rhythm "last rhythm"
plez "can't stop"
melina marks on bigshot
Kraze "the party" for 50p each

raze "break for love"

You should also look out for old Boardgames.

Scattergories sells for £12 on ebay & Trivial Pursuits can be worth a bit

I got both on sunday for a quid each.

If you find a "limited edition" copy of Trivial Pursuit you'll get £20/£30

Last edited:
booties!

One of my brothers still does em regularly in Essex. He's a right wheeler dealer and buys up stuff like

Transformers and other robot toys
Board games
Scalextric
Arcade machines (he's got a Street Fighter 1 orig in his front room lol)
Arcade ROMs
Collectable pottery series

and of course - Vinyl.

I miss em... half the fun is pushing the person in front of you to one side ;o)

grover

Jun 5, 2003
DD_handsopen_190x190.jpg
cheap as chips eh :D
i must be going to the wrong car bootys... all i have ever seen is 80s synth stuff ..... did get japan - life in tokyo for 30p though.....
niiiiiice!!
promo_louis.jpg

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i love going booting but ive not been for over maybe 2 years or so now due to the heavy saturday nights before hand :fekked:

love picking up bargains no matter what it is :thumbsup:

there is a massive booty in chelford in cheshire and it has anything n everything and is well good for a mooch, but the only thing is, the robbing shites charge £2 parking and its in a massive farmers field :rolleyes:

so you can imagine what your car looks like if its pissing down :naughty:

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
Never had much success with car boot sales / market type things. Found the odd goodun cheap, but very rarely. And you have to wade through tons of rubbish first which is boring IMO.
The effort to success ratio just doesn't pay off for me. So I don't go specifically for that reason, but if there is a stall with Vinyl and I've got time on my hands I'll generally have a look.

Usually I just use the internet. Faster and better success.

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
brixtonite said:
Always wondered what perfume it was you were wearing - could never quite place it.

Lolol, you like? :he she: :p

In my defence i was about 14 at the time of buying that. Been meaning to go to another car boot for ages, but getting up very early was never one of my strong points, and it certainly aint one of lee's, lol! :)

innit

well you have the bairn for one... I'm normally still out at 5am on a Sunday morning anyways, and you need to get there well early to grab the bargains

haha, some people bring a few bits n pieces, then buy stuff at 5am, only to sell on for an instant profit later that day...

maybe I should try and start a booty over here and see if I can get hold of some nice pieces of Dutch techno

bucky

I always try and visit a couple on my way home from Spankeys if it's been a late finish - had a few results recently.

The one on the M62 is now flooded with dealers ever since a ULTRA RARE OBSCURE 60's psychedelic LP turned up, how ever always worth look as most of the stuff I'm looking for they aren't ... I hope.

My Mrs had a result in the Isle of Man last month, she rang me up saying there was an Ex Pub/Club DJ selling all his records - I said buy as many as you and your gran can carry :D when she arrived home there was about 30 12"s and 50 7"s - I was about to complain about the poor effort when a: she said she only paid a FIVER! and b: there stuff like Steve 'Silk' Hurley - Jack Your Body on DJ International and some OK Disco like Dynasty - I don't wanna be a freak among other stuff - she mentioned the guy was like saying £20 and stuff and she was having none of it - said there was over 2000 records or something stupid in a trailer in those plastic storage carriers. She bought blind although admitted to remembering Jack Your Body and the word DISCO on the Dynasty sleeve indicated it might be Disco :D there was some shit in there but for a Fiver, I couldn't complain - god only knows what other stuff he might have had on the off chance.

They're always going away for short breaks so I've started making her and her gran go through my collection and remembering labels and producers etc.

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
bucky said:
They're always going away for short breaks so I've started making her and her gran go through my collection and remembering labels and producers etc.

lol, can just picture, right gran, you sitting comfortably...todays lesson is italian labels a - k...next week a bit of hardcore, i know that's your fave :D