Buying/Selling via Discogs

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
Ive bought from discogs (SBAM -take me away £8)- only the once but a good experience. I have in my username profile added a list of pukka people who can be trusted with transactions and add to it as I go along.

Only problem is you click "buy" and you need to wait until the seller confirms that the item is still available:D

Andy

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
I was thinking about starting to use it, predominantly for selling but was a bit worried about the fact that I'd then have that and Gemm effectively selling the same stuff. I might give it a go. If anything, it'd be interesting to see how many people act on their wantlists.

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Likewise, have bought and sold on there, and so far there have been no problems! A great way of clearing out some of the stuff I don't listen to or play any more which is just taking up space.. There's no listing fee like ebay either, just the final value fee when you make a sale. When I'm after a tune now it's the first place I check to see if one's available - before ebay or gemm.

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
fred_funk said:
I was thinking about starting to use it, predominantly for selling but was a bit worried about the fact that I'd then have that and Gemm effectively selling the same stuff. I might give it a go. If anything, it'd be interesting to see how many people act on their wantlists.
i've used it for buying once and it was spot on as for the wantlist thing there was only one copy of the record i bought but it was on 12 peoples wantlist and none of them had bought it
if you have a record on your want list does it email you when becomes available ????

waxHead

Feb 15, 2006
chris17 said:
if you have a record on your want list does it email you when becomes available ????

No, discogs.com doesn't email you if someone's an item that's on your wantlist. It would be great if it did, save the hassle of continuosly going through my wantlist to see if someone listed a big want.

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
waxHead said:
No, discogs.com doesn't email you if someone's an item that's on your wantlist. It would be great if it did, save the hassle of continuosly going through my wantlist to see if someone listed a big want.

I agree an email feature when the tune's listed would be nice - however if you go to 'my discogs' there's a feature on there at the bottom - 'show items for sale in my wantlist' Providing you don't have a stupidly large list of wants, it's fairly easy to browse every few days for a few minutes to see if anything's come up :thumbsup: